1950's Robin Hood Restaurant?

Does anyone know if there was once a Restaurant in Notts around 1950's called The Robin Hood? I have been told that it once stood close to the Cathedral. If anyone remembers anything about this place around the 50's or maybe someone who used to work there i would be very interested to hear about it.Thx

There was a restaurant right across the street from the cathedral during the sixties. We often ate there while re-wiring the Cathedral at that time. Just can't remember whether it was the Robin Hood though.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if there was once a Restaurant in Notts around 1950's called The Robin Hood? I have been told that it once stood close to the Cathedral. If anyone remembers anything about this place around the 50's or maybe someone who used to work there i would be very interested to hear about it.Thx

Wasnt the Fish and chip restaurant near the fountain. sherwood Rooms?
  • 9 months later...

In the 50's there were two restaurants owned by the same people. One was on Derby raod exactly opposite the top of Upper Parliament Street, and the other was on the top side of Trinity Square. One was the Robin Hood and the other was the Little John. Sorry I can't recall which was which. We used both often before going on to the 'Pics'.

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

There was a cafe, late 50s on the corner of Sherwood st and Burton st, on the Evng Post block. Inside, the walls were covered in photos of artistes who had appeared at the theatres across the road. Robin Hood Cafe I think. 

At the bottom of Derby road opposite North Circus st was a cafe called L'auto.

Commo ,the cafe was called The Robin Hood Milk Bar.

Exterior was a pale yellow and cornflower blue.
Inside were pics of stars from Moss Empire etc..
It lay idle on Burton st/south Sherwood st. Until the new rent office was built next to the Guildhall.
Which...when built in the early 70's became a H&S issue on its first day of opening...a St.Anns rent payer walked straight through the glass doors!!
Subsequent replacements had chrome discs and horizontal bands to enable safe rent and rent paying.
3 hours ago, catfan said:

Commo ,the cafe was called The Robin Hood Milk Bar.

Exterior was a pale yellow and cornflower blue.
Inside were pics of stars from Moss Empire etc..
It lay idle on Burton st/south Sherwood st. Until the new rent office was built next to the Guildhall.
Which...when built in the early 70's became a H&S issue on its first day of opening...a St.Anns rent payer walked straight through the glass doors!!
Subsequent replacements had chrome discs and horizontal bands to enable safe rent and rent paying.

I think you will find that the person who walked through the glass door was a guy named Les  Sergeant.

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2018 at 8:56 PM, Willow wilson said:

There was a cafe, late 50s on the corner of Sherwood st and Burton st, on the Evng Post block. Inside, the walls were covered in photos of artistes who had appeared at the theatres across the road. Robin Hood Cafe I think. 

At the bottom of Derby road opposite North Circus st was a cafe called L'auto.