California to hold 'garage sale'

The governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, is holding an online "garage sale" in his latest effort to balance the US state's budget.

The Great California Garage Sale will see 6,000 items, including everything from cars to coat racks, auctioned off on two websites, eBay and Craigslist.

Mr Schwarzenegger has even autographed the sun visors of several of the vehicles on sale to raise their values.

California's $85bn (£52.5bn) budget has a deficit of $26bn (£16bn).

Question: If Nottingham(shire) had a Garage Sale what could they sell,, what would you buy?

Sell off the City ground and but in a boxing ring instead!!

Seriously , sell off the castle grounds and put in a proper Robin Hood theamed fun park

Predictably, with Sven FC having lost a couple of matches and sliding down the table, doesn't take long for their "fan's" 50-year old+ Forest inferiority complex to resurface!

Cheers

Robt P.

Just sell off the City Ground!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately it belongs to the club (Unlike Meadow Lane !!)

Whats up Rob ??? Forest won a game at last ???

Frankly Ian, I'm pleased with this Sven, Smichiel (?), Campbell business...

My main concern is these mysterious owners...this 'fit and proper person' approval seems to be a long time coming. Seems that effective probing sports journalists are even unable to fathom out who's who, or track it too far back.

Just hope they don't fleece everybody involved at the club.

Not impressed with what I see on the TV from Forest, even before this crazy Derby business. If ever Davies had any 'brownie points', he lost 'em on Saturday...clearly, he has no affinity whatever with the club (a la Kinnear) and, like so many other soccer managers, his body language gives him away every time...

Cheers

Robt P.

Too true Rob

I was one of the many who dug deep to help buy the lions share for the supporters some years ago, but they have never offered me my money back !!, although I did get to vote on the take over. (So they can't say they have lost my address!!)

As for the other side of the water................................ Davies is obviously a lying tw*t , as, after the game on Saturday he was being interviewed by "The Football Show" and claimed he "Didn't see the incident" when clearly he did as the cameras showed him standing on the touch line watching the debacle unfold !!

(And you can think that says twit if you like )

We are missing the point here! I just don't understand what these garage sales are? can remember the old ones of the 1960's, funnily enough mostly in Sunday Papers "Acme Shed Company" type of thing, "New self assembly blue asbestos/wood garage 39 guineas or 17/6d deposit and 3 shillings and eleven pence per month for next 25 years" but seeing how most garages now part of the house why do they want to sell them? and how do you get them home? !rotfl!

Suppose the City Council are already getting ready to do this by selling off all their buildings in the city, including Guildhall and the Council House and relocating all the staff into Capital One building on Station Street. The Council House will be rented back for meetings and civic functions. They are hoping to move up to 4000 staff into the Capital One building and that is one of the reasons for all the redundancies with the work being farmed out to consultants.

I am spammed by Snailmail regularly by Capitol 1!

When you arrive in Nottingham on the train, the Nottingham signs on the platform have a Capitol 1 Motif as well!

This outfit is getting bigger than Green King!

• 3 weeks later...