littlebro

WW2 Nottingham & Nottinghamshire

carni    7,209

Great Photo's Micheal. I have had my magnifying glass out to see if I could spot Mam or her sisters dancing or on the Square. I couldn't see them, but I bet they were there somewhere.

catfan    8,713

Where's the one with your dad hanging on the back of a bus ?

Cliff Ton    5,471

Just in case anyone hadn't realised the reason for Michael posting these photos, he'd posted them a few years ago but became a victim of the Photobucket ransomware and they all disappeared. I've deleted the old "blank" posts, and thanks to Micheal for repairing the damage.

• Like 2

Michael Booth    7,013

Thanks for your kind words, Cliff Ton. We should also remember that it makes a lot of extra work for yourself.

Photobucket certainly made a mess of Nottstalgia but we can slowly get it back to what it was, an excellent

Forum that is enjoyed by us all.

• Like 3

trogg    75

Hi Michael booth love your photos of AFS car and trailer pump , is it ok to use the one outside cedar hospital and send it to Notts retired firefighters group to use on their site and magazine , they are always interested in any thing fire brigade, If it is OK do you have any other info names etc or stories from that time you may have been told.

cheers Trogg

•  

Michael Booth    7,013

I'm pleased that you like it, Trogg and have no problem with you using the photos. Luckily, on the back of the photo was the names of the other auxiliary firemen which I've attached to this post. Click on the photo to enlarge it. My dad, Arthur Booth, is the second name down. I mentioned this because the writing isn't easy to read.

I hope that the Notts retired firefighters group find it of interest.

Michaels_Dad_Auxiliary_Fire_Service_1940

• Like 2

trogg    75

Amazing how things activate brain cells and memory . This topic has reminded me of a book published by a retired Nottingham Firefighter  David Needham title " Battle of the Flames" .

It deals with Nottingham in the war years it primarily with civil defence workers and the fire brigade . It details the bomber raids and the damage with plenty of photos. For anyone interested I am told it is a good read.