old sneinton schools, greenwood, sneinton boulevard, sneinton trust,

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Alamo You are a little older than me but lived in my area,we was the stredders,a bit rough around the edges,but we turned out alright.It seems a lot of people have emigrated who live

Funny old world, innit? I went to Sneinton Boulevard School in all 3 grades, infants, juniors & seniors leaving at Christmas 1942. Not much point trying for a reunion is it? Starting aged 5 my 6-7

I married a sneinton girl,Carole Marsden,her dad was "Tishy Marsden",he was a well known boxer in his day

Lupo, there have ben a lot of changes in the school system in that part of Nottingham.

St Bernadettes closed in the early 1980s. Greenwood Bilateral became a Comprehensive in 1972 and opens as The Nottingham Academy later this week. Sneinton Boulevard School became Greenwood Junior School and opens as The Windmill Primary School later this week. Edale Girls School became Greenwood Infants School and opens as Edale Rise Primary School later this week. Jesse Boot School has been taken over by The Nottingham Academy and will be demolished to be replaced by a new building on the site of the playing field.

Hi Lupo, my mums family went to school around that area. I believe my mum went to St Bernadettes. I'm not sure of the time frames, but I can find out for you.

Hi Lupo, my mums family went to school around that area. I believe my mum went to St Bernadettes. I'm not sure of the time frames, but I can find out for you.

Hello Jonesy

Like to know if i knew them seems like all the "old" sneintoners have left for pastures new,pity the old sneinton was great,bit rough but still like a great big village,pity its all changed.

lupo

(Stredd)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sneinton as certainly gone down hill I wed a local girl in 1960 and we lived within the area for a few years

All my children went to Greenwood ..WE lived on Sneinton Blvd,St, Stephens Ave,The Hollows,Colwick Rd,and finally

Lyndhurst Rd ...Alamo

Hello Alamo

You are a little older than me but lived in my area,we was the stredders,a bit rough around the edges,but we turned out alright.It seems a lot of people have emigrated who lived in sneinton,such a pity,as all the people from sneinton was good,uns.I still miss sneinton and the people,but unfortunatly,i dont miss England,but all the good times was in sneinton(was they really good times)i have a look round on google earth,and dont recognise the place,when i come over to England,i will have a good look round sneinton,as i said the people,was really good,most of us struggled,but still had time to know everybody.

cheers lupo

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Me & my sisters went to St. Bernadette's. I started there in 1971 until my 5th year. But being honest, I missed nearly the last two years. I used to nick off with my sister & go into town or a mates house O_o One place we did go & sit for hours is, on top of the mounts lol

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi just browsing & spotted Sneinton Blvd. I think I qualify as an 'old boy' having left (aged 14) Xmas 1942. I've posted re. sledging in Top Field & was a Army cadet (Sgt. pti.) @ Jesse Boot school until joining the Royal marines, 2 years national service. I have good memories of the youth club beneath the Methodist church at the botttom of the boulevard. My pal Jack Thompson & I "pumped " the church organ when the motor failed. Taylor Close Beefy? remember the Gascoignes, Reg was engine driver son Barry followed him and we were in the LMR Rifle club together. Thanks for asking Lupo I'm just off for another trip down memory lane. CU Albert Smith

• 10 months later...

I married a sneinton girl,Carole Marsden,her dad was "Tishy Marsden",he was a well known boxer in his day

do you have a daughter? Tracey? married Frank? I am sneinton born and bred and very proud of where I come from, off cowlick road.

my father was born no 1 colwick rd 1908 and at the time of his marrage 1937 lived 37 snienton hermitage i am always interested in the history of snienton my brother in law also lived in snienton dale on skipton circus untill heand my sister got married he is now 70 and the youngest of his family. i think he whent greenwood boys school.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At Last a thread about Greenwood School. I attended Greenwood Bilateral fro 1958 till 1962. Headmaster at the time was Mr Skilbeck a strict disciplinarian always wore a black gown and was always a visible presence around all areas of the school I suspect a lot of todays head teachers could learn a lot from his style its called management by walking about. Other teachers were Joe Morley, Taffy Broom, Mike Graham (played rugby for Nott's RFC as did Phil Barwick ) I remember some very happy days there and lots of good friends from the Sneinton area. I married a local girl from Baden Powell Road we got married at St Christophers on Colwick road. I haven't lived in Nottingham for a large number of years so I don't know if there has ever been a reunion

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I went to St. Bernadettes school on Sneinton Dale..left there in July 1964 a few days after my 15th birthday.

pete c....still riding a vespa

Pete C, I went tom St. Bernadette's fro 1960 until July 1965. Wonder if we know each other? Now live in Florida.

• 8 months later...