Seeking old friends

Hi y'all! We are living in Alabama, USA and wonder what has happened to all the folk we knew in school. Anna went to the Dale Secondary School and then to Mundella, and Bryan went to Player Secondary School and Nottingham Tech. College. The time periods would be in the 1950's. Anyone out there?

I went to Player in the sixties.

Hi y'all! We are living in Alabama, USA and wonder what has happened to all the folk we knew in school. Anna went to the Dale Secondary School and then to Mundella, and Bryan went to Player Secondary School and Nottingham Tech. College. The time periods would be in the 1950's. Anyone out there?

Hey ya'll

Living next door to you in GA. Finally cooling off a bit! Will I ever get used to it? Doubt it.

Was around the People's College in the early sixties. Electrical.

Lived in Canada from 1970 'til 2002. Long story.

Hope you'll enjoy catching up. This is a great site. I don't post quite as much as I did at first. Been away a long time and have fewer memories I guess.

Too many grey hairs now.

Dave.... Loppy.

Dave I spent nearly a year at Peoples on the 1st year electrical in 1963 until early 64 when I went to the NCB.

And Hi to Leatherland, I'm in the Missouri side of the Ozarks.

Isn't People's college and Nottingham Technical college 2 different schools? I thought the former was at the bottom of Maid Marian Way and the latter on Shakespeare St. My brother went to the Technical college in the 50's for coppersmith classes.

Dave I spent nearly a year at Peoples on the 1st year electrical in 1963 until early 64 when I went to the NCB.

Guess I've got about 3 years on you Ayup. Turn 65 in November. Hard to believe. Can't really remember many of the characters at people's now. I seem to remember one elderly prof' who taught math and ran a movie projector in the dining hall at lunchtimes. This was a big Cinema type projector. Had a large rectifier for the arc lamp.

Also had some classes at an old school up behind the RC Cathedral on Derby road.

Not sure if I ever learned much but it helped to pass the time. Ended up going back to trade school in Canada for a brief intensive course to bring us up to speed on Canadian/American systems.

Really did pay attention there. Bread and butter depended on it.

• Upvote 1

Bryan attended both Peoples College and Nottingham Tech. College,served apprenticeship and was promptly conscripted into the RAF! And thereby hangs a tale.

Just missed conscription by a year or so. They had phased it out by the time I turned 21 and finished my apprenticeship.

• 3 months later...