Advice on Turkey, the country not the bird!

Turkeys always been up and down,and i think always will be,sitting on the border of Europe and Asia,...........but the holiday spots are a long way from Istanbul and Ankara,and never seem to be affected by Turkeys turmoils................go for it Mick..............lol.

It's a big place Mick, take yer chances & go, life's too short !!........................BTW, so am I.................

• Upvote 1

Nice one Paulus,...........the wife said shes still going,......tell her to be careful if you see her won't you ?...........i'm off to Spain lol.

• Upvote 2

Benjamin 45, I didn't mean I'm going to Turkey..............I just mean't I'm 'too short' also .......lol kickme

• Upvote 3
  • 4 years later...

Booked online this morning, packed, Son picked us up, flew through check in & departures on my second pint of Castle Rock Session IPA, should be in Daylan in half the time & money it would have taken us to drive to Cornwall, If this is the new normal, I’m loving it. 

• Upvote 1

Well done for attempting Turkey - been to Dalyan myself a few times. Make sure you see the turtles - usually evenings when getting dark they come up the edge near to the bars/restaurants sometimes. And there was an unusual restaurant just outside town that was more of a hanging gardens meets zoo meets exotic birds enclosure- interesting.

If yo get there in half the Cornwall time - then you're on a winner. Have a great trip.

I hope you enjoy it RR.

Personally I wouldn't be going to Turkey now Covid or no Covid. I won't support that country's economy until that dictator Erdogan is gone and Turkey's secular democracy is restored.

According to my weather app @ 14:51 its 36° but feels like 39° just spoke to a Turkish local selling boat trips up the river told me he married a lass from St.Anns & lived there for a while, asked if it was still a shithole :Shock: He also said he thinks the tram destroyed Nottingham city centre.

• 2 months later...

Not the tram radfordred but it was those silly people on the council who gave permission for Vic and Broadmarsh center to be built' Nottingham lost lots of lts life and history,  taken away by these center's

When will  the UK  do it's  own thing and not keep  wanting to be ike the USA. keeping up with the "Jones"

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but St Ann's are a brilliant community bunch and we are proud to come from a shithole as you state this chat say's.?

Not like some other places in Nottm I could mention.

He said shithole, not me :ph34r:

I think the Turkish boat tip seller was a serious shagger, I met him later in the week when I borrowed a motorbike off him for the day, he told me about another woman he used to service from Mapperley Park :Shock:   

I know you did not say it radfordred but you did post it.

• 1 year later...

Think our maid may have to much time on her hands, if I tip her will it continue, tip her & ask her to stop, what do I do with all these petals & flowers, bin it, flush it, chuck it on the floor creating her more mess? This room could end up looking like the Chelsea flower show :crazy:

Fb9fokjWYAE0CXC?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...