Celebs getting older?

Fynger

There was a programme on BBC3 or 4 a few months ago called an Evening with James Taylor or some such and he was very good and self depreciating, had a lot to say about himself and his abuses, and admitted he had massive blanks in his memory from the 70's. There's a track on one of his excellent recent albums where he admits to being 'A Dismal Dan' as he refers to himself.

What a start to his career though, found busking on the street and taken into Abbey Road Studio to lay down a few tracks, in walk Paul and George having a break from recording The White Album, who promptly do the backing vocals on 'Carolina'.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know about that look at Ronnie Wood & Keith Richards

Alcoholism is an illness that many people can't be cured from, which is tragic for themselves and their families. Ann is correct when she states that Paul Gascoine has been given a lot of help before.

Phil Collins no longer retired comeback at 64. If he's hard up he could have come to me for a sub as we are practically family. According to Ancestry.co.uk --- my great aunt's husband's sister marr

Sadly he never appeared at the Union Rowing Club.

But early 70's "Fire and Rain" was always one the final smooch session records.

"Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone

Susanne the plans they made put an end to you

I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song

I just can't remember who to send it to"

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled out the music business at the right time and happily running a surfing centre in Cornwall, no doubt soon to receive a job application from Beefsteak. Always the one to have the p@ss taken out of him in Wham, I think his satisfaction with the way things turned out in his life is no doubt greater than the considerably talented but self destructive George Michael.

I saw Sparks at Loughborough University back in the early 70's, never heard of them at the time, they were fantastic though.

Not sure but the bottom one could be Pete something (It's written on his guitar!!)

Only kidding , Chris Spedding and Andy Fraser the Bassist of Free, Looking bloody good too!!!

Cheats, easily overcome though.

I saw Sharks at the Uni once, not bad, it was a change to see Andy Fraser being fairly with it, after seeing him attempting to play with Free and remain standing while the others had to prop themselves up against the amps in order to stay alive, you expect a decent concert for your 5/- sometimes.