• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Halloween Y'awl don't eat to much cotton candy, you'll get nightmares! How long do we have to suffer this Americanised b******s 

We have a Light party at church this evening where we celebrate life and light (and we eat nice food and sweets, have games, songs and crafts as well). Why celebrate death when you can celebrate Life?

From 5pm to 8pm tonight, all lights & telly off, take car off the drive & park it up the road, move to backroom, doing the fat kids a favor 

• 2 weeks later...

Used to call this 'Guiser's Night' in Scotland when I was a little kid. Still do I think.

We'd not the luxury of pumpkins though and hollowed out turnips or 'tumshies' as we called 'em.

The North Americans were late at the party!

Thats impressive! I love the one on the bottom looking all angry and scary! Heres my two, im getting in the spirit of things and having them lit this evening in the living room and then they'll be outside with fake cobwebs all over them, spooky!!

16994_4297726794471_367758654_n.jpg

HAHAHAHA!! I love it!

I did the outside of the house up in lots of cobwebs this evening, pumpkins, skulls etc.. Had lots of trick or treaters,luckily all of them were small kiddies with their parents, so i didnt mind.. to them its abit of fun! :)

Don't mind the young bairns at all. I hope they all had fun tonight before the heavy rains came locally.

Don't seem to get the nonsense with teenagers these days personally?

Guisers night - not Trick or Treat! :)

Luckily this year i only had one set of teens nock on, they wernt dressed up at all, one was on her phone.. they said trick or treat then the one on the phone said 'Nah, i was sayin trick or treat to the lady ''innit'' ' Needless to say i told them they were too old and to go else were, stop ruining it for the little ones! I had a mum, dad and toddler come too, all dressed up - i was quite impressed and gave them extra sweets! :)

The rain came so sudden! But im sure by the time we got it round here all the small kids had finished their fun and was home getting tucked up in bed. I bought the pumpkins in doors and kept them lit (How nice does it smell when the candle cooks/scortches the tops?) with a few extra candles around the fire place then me and the fella exchanged stories about our ghostly happenings in the old house. I struggled to sleep last night, best types of ghost stories!

I had three girls come to my house last night. Two little girls and one a little older. I haven't a clue how old or who they were. They had made a lot of effort to get dressed up and their faces painted, this being the reason I didn't recognise them. We are not really into 'trick and treat' so don't normally answer the door. However, thinking it was my wife, who'd been to the shops, I did. I gave them a handful of change and they seemed happy enough. The thing that concerned me though, was that three little girls, with no adult in sight, were going around in the dark knocking on doors. Maybe I'm being a killjoy but with what happens today I find it alarming.

All of the kids around here had an adult with them or an older sibling, i was never aloud to trick or treat alone... ill never let my daughter go without me either. you never know whos lerking about!

• 3 years later...

Nothing new there then RR.

My dopey Son in Law won a best Halloween fancy dress themed costume competition in his local on Saturday night.

He went dressed as a Zombie  !...................... I'm not surprised he won, he is so zombie like, being gormless etc.etc. smile2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Every family has at least one Catfan. In fact, there aren't enough outfits to go round in some families. 

• Upvote 1

Our neighbours had visits by children doing trick or treat.  We did not.  One year I answered the door to a  group. A parent was waiting for them at the end of the drive.  I explained that I could not give them sweets as they may be allergic and they should not take sweets from strangers.  Instead I told them my special Halloween  joke.  It goes like

this.

Two buckets of sick were walking down the road in the old part of the town.  Suddenly one of them burst into floods of tears.  The other one asked what was the matter.  The tearful one said "I was brought up around 'ere"!

Nostalgia! Since then we never get visits for trick or treat!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • 11 months later...

We have a Light party at church this evening where we celebrate life and light (and we eat nice food and sweets, have games, songs and crafts as well). Why celebrate death when you can celebrate Life?

• Like 7