Well here we go, 4 weeks to go till halloween and the little t**ts have started already.

just had two eggs thrown at my window, rushed out quickly but didn't see anyone, just heard them running off. it's always bloody egg isn't it?

Irushed to get it cleaned off as soon as it dries, the only way to shift it is with a razor blade, unless anyone has any tips?

I really wanted to catch them cause i would have shoved a whole box of 6 eggs down their throats raw, i am not a kill joy but bloody hell come on!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Halloween Y'awl don't eat to much cotton candy, you'll get nightmares! How long do we have to suffer this Americanised b******s 

We have a Light party at church this evening where we celebrate life and light (and we eat nice food and sweets, have games, songs and crafts as well). Why celebrate death when you can celebrate Life?

From 5pm to 8pm tonight, all lights & telly off, take car off the drive & park it up the road, move to backroom, doing the fat kids a favor 

I know what you mean, i got it last year. I got eggs and fake blood all up my windows and doors. I wouldn't mind if i was a kill joy, but i always answer the door to trick or treaters and give them something, We have decided this year to be ready with buckets of water and as soon as i hear an egg or anything i am going to dash out and throw my bucket.

I just hope i get the right person ha ha !rotfl!

An air bomb fired over their heads usually works.

Blame the supermarkets, Sainsburies have been selling items for this overblown, American crappy so called festival for some time now.

Call me a kill joy if you like but I've always hated it, I object to a constant stream of so called ghosties and ghoulies knocking on the door and it's certainly a pain for old people, I worry about my mother being harrased by the bloody door knockers. My missus is slightly more tolerant than me and gets by the problem by leaving a bowl of sweets outside, me, I'd prefer to mix some dog sh~t in with them. At least I have my dear doggies and I let them out the back door to go mental at the side gate, that usually does the trick.

Unless you are a kid thats been conned by marketing, does anyone on here actually agree with this Halloween rubbish.

...this overblown, American crappy so called festival...

While I will agree it is overblown, and the Americans have had a lot to do with commercializing it, the Americans did not invent Halloween. If you check your religeous history, you will discover that the night before All Saints Day has been known as "All Hallows Eve" for many centuries - certainly before Christians set up their colonies in North America!

Don't worry - we already have Christmas stuff in the supermarkets!

Don't worry - we already have Christmas stuff in the supermarkets!

I've just put some petrol in the car on the M6 at Sandbach services to be treated to "Wonderful Christmas" time by Paul Macartney and Wings !!!

To make it worse, I've come home humming it !!

I have no time for it.

Seems to be pretty big here in GA. Folks putting fake cobwebs and skeletons all over the place. We tell kids not to take candy from strangers for 364 days a year, but then its o-k to go banging on strange doors for a handout.

Might be a bit slower this year. Some folks are having a hard time putting food on the table, never mind putting more money in the junk makers pockets for candy bars.

We either go out or put out all the lights from dusk to around 8:30. Most don't bother to come if the house is dark.

Don't recall "trick or treating " in the UK when I was a kid. We were too busy begging pennies for the guy.

Don't recall "trick or treating " in the UK when I was a kid. We were too busy begging pennies for the guy.

Nor do I when I was a kid, I seem to remember it being referred to as the 'witching hour' and that was about it. I recall cycling over to Dale Abbey one 'Halloween' and sitting under the arch late at night with a pal, he got scared at some odd coughing noises that turned out to be a herd of cows that came over to say hello.

Pennies for the guy!!! Can't do that anymore friend, fireworks are too dangerous and non PC, might upset old folks knocking on doors, besides, it hasn't got media approval. Burning a guy is offensive to the Catholic population anyway, can't have that, unless you live in Northern Ireland of course.

My only memory of halloween as a kid, was watching a few men dressed in sheets with candles in jam jars, running around in the cemetry opposite our house, and my mum telling me they were probably drunk!!

• Upvote 1

What's the world coming to? Are you telling me that you can't even buy a nice tuppenny banger anymore? :-)

We never worried about burning the guy we were not trying to be offensive to anybody. If they had a problem with it too bad. The old so and so was trying to blow up the parliament and King James anyway if my memory serves me correctly. I'm sure they (The parliament of the day) would have found that a bit offensive too.

We never had any problems with the 'elf and Safety part of it. We had been taught that a banger could take your hand off or spoil your looks. And we would have gotten our butts kicked if we'd tried to intimidate a neighbor with them. For the most part a good time was had by all

For the third year of asking;

Guy fawkes was the only honest person to enter parliament

Getting back on track my mum every year got eggs thrown at her windows and yes they are hard to clean off once dried, is there a solution to that problem of removal ?

Bip.

Loppylugs

If I remember correctly, jumping jacks were the first to be banned, followed by those aeroplane thingies, because they were considered unpredictable. Bangers were banned a few years ago because they were dangerous, then I think it was airbombs. Remember those big old coloured matches, too dangerous, can't have them.

All the old traditional brands like Standard from Huddersfield just import stuff from China these days, which is amusing because many of these are downright nasty things.

I can see the sale of fireworks to the public being banned soon and only licensed events taking place, I'll be OK, I've got a display certificate after I helped out at our local pub one year.

Thing is, I used to be a bit of a firework keen type, but since I got together with Mrs Animal Lover, I can see the effect it has on animals. Bonfire night now usually consists of me calming the dogs down while madam has to go and baby sit her horses.

Getting back on track my mum every year got eggs thrown at her windows and yes they are hard to clean off once dried, is there a solution to that problem of removal ?

Bip.

I know what you mean Bip, I had an egg stain high up on my rendered wall and it was impossible to remove the blooming thing, it was there for years after I left the house, I noticed it's recently been repainted, but you can still see the marks.

My suggestion is a good dose of 'Clit Bang', I don't know whats in that stuff, I'm sure it must be dangerous, but it seems to clean owt, if it works on my kitchen floor, then it must be good.

Loppylugs

If I remember correctly, jumping jacks were the first to be banned, followed by those aeroplane thingies, because they were considered unpredictable. Bangers were banned a few years ago because they were dangerous, then I think it was airbombs. Remember those big old coloured matches, too dangerous, can't have them.

All the old traditional brands like Standard from Huddersfield just import stuff from China these days, which is amusing because many of these are downright nasty things.

Truly a shame IMHO. I thought jumping jacks were great. Yes they were unpredictable, you kept your head down.

I can see the concern with animals. I never owned an animal while I lived in the UK, but the dog before my present one was scared stiff of thunder and lightning. He learned to associate the two and just the flash of a car's headlamps on the drapes was enough to get him going if he saw it.

Standards were great fireworks, weren't they?

Sorry to have hijacked the thread. More houses decorated for halloween I noticed this morning.

I find the emphasis on death, skeletons, the grave etc. depressing. We can see enough of the real thing on the news any day.

Just a little aside.

My ex wifes parents used to live just up the road from the Standard fireworks factory in Huddersfield, the whole place used to be set in bunkers deep in Crossland Moor. It was great fun, there used to be the inevitable ground shaking explosion when things went wrong, or we'd take the dog for a walk up on the moor and find odd looking giant rockets sticking out of the ground. Look on Google Earth and it's still there, looking like some sort of secret Government establishment.

Well here we go, 4 weeks to go till halloween and the little t**ts have started already.

Reading what you have said to tich about children, I would have thought you liked them no matter what.

Halloween should after all only be a bit of fun and a celebration of laying souls to rest, even though I don't actually believe in it my self.

i do love kids and i love halloween, but since when has throwing eggs at people's windows got anything to do with halloween. Even with our own traditions and them that have come in from America, there is nothing to do with egging people's houses.

i do love kids and i love halloween, but since when has throwing eggs at people's windows got anything to do with halloween. Even with our own traditions and them that have come in from America, there is nothing to do with egging people's houses.

It's called tricks matey, the teenage dickheads that take advantage of the situation have a brain cell that thinks it's traditional. I love kids but I don't love Holloween, so what do you do to appreciate and support it Homer, not being funny, just curious.

I recall when I lived in Finchingfield village, that the local parish council arse lickers, who will remain anonymous, forced their opinions on all of us and had troops of children dressed as murderers, corpses, vampires and such like stand in front of your house and try to make you feel guilty for not appreciating the event, very funny. I just let the dogs bark like hell in the porch and ignored them till they went away. Is that wrong, I could have let the dogs out and made it more interesting, blood could have flowed, isn't that what it's all about, death and devil worship. Sorry not interested, I prefered Carol singing, what happened to that, it used to be fun, when was the last time that they appeared outside your house, I recall an amazing youth outside my door last year, a case of X Factor eat your heart out, poor sod, he had a sad tale to tell, what do you say to someone like that.

It is supposed to be "Trick or Treat" - the idea being that if you do not treat the little b@$!@&d, he/she/it will play a trick on you!

Interestingly, the "egging" thing doesn't seem to happen here - soaping car windows is popular though - perhaps it's the cholesterol thing? However, be thankful you don't live in Detroit (or it's habits don't spread over there). In Detroit, the night before Halloween is called "Devils Night" and involves the local unemployed youth setting fire to houses! Fortunately, very effective clamp-downs on it have reduced the number of fires in the last several years - but it is still a big problem!

Excuse me but as i said i love halloween and kids, and every year i have a great big dish of sweets ready to dish out to any child that comes to the door, the egging is not in response to not treating them as they haven't knocked on the door in the first place. (it's too blinking early anyway)

What i do hate though is when older kids say 16yr olds come round and they knock at the door and they aren't even dressed up, but they still expect the sweets etc.....

I still get carol singers occasionally and they are lovely to listen too, i give them either sweets or coppers.

• 3 years later...