homer

Halloween

Tarquin asked if we're going for a ride on the besom when it gets dark. Then the other two wanted to come as well. Three, plus this old hag, would be overcrowding, so I think we'll stay in! :Vampire:

From 5pm to 8pm tonight, all lights & telly off, take car off the drive & park it up the road, move to backroom, doing the fat kids a favor 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Same here. I am on my own and don’t want people knocking on my door at nite. 

If somebody taps on my window tonight I’ll poo mesen. I live in a second floor flat!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Got thru the evening with no trick treaters. Shame will have to eat the sweets myself:sickly:

• Like 2

Didn't have any here either.  We kept the lights out and laid low.  The dogs barked quite a lot though.  I think they just sense that something is not normal and it makes them edgy.

I don't celebrate Halloween but I appreciate that young children take a lot of care carving out pumpkins.  For this reason, I feel sad that some youths went round the village last night smashing any at were still outside houses, or kicking them down the road.   Some of the little children were crying when they saw what had happened to their pumpkins.

I know you're a pacifist Margie, but a day in the stocks, and a birching is necessary.

• Like 1

I just wish I knew why they felt the need to do it.... if they'd knocked on the doors, they would have got sweets!

• Upvote 2

All I can say, Rog is limited as religion, like politics is not much open to discussion and I've no desire to enter into a religious argument with anybody.  I'll just try to state facts.

1,   Time was when most religious groups were opposed to witchcraft and the Harry Potter series is based on the premise that it is real.

2.    Their views were based on Biblical texts.  They are there but I won't start quoting them for aforementioned reasons.

3.   Some started witch hunting and I'm sure a few innocent old ladies probably got burned at the stake as a result.  Needless to say it got the church a bad reputation  (Fanaticism always leads to trouble)

4.   Claiming to put spells and hexes on enemies is not nice behaviour.

I could go on but that is probably enough.  Surfice it to say  many ike me are opposed to it.

The antichrist is really another subject entirely.  Interesting topic though if you are into Bible prophecy as I am.

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply LL, I'm not bothered either way to be honest I just wanted to inject a bit of life into this site as it has been very quiet today, but as you say,interesting topic''

Rog

• Like 2

1 hour ago, catfan said:

It's the only night of the year my ex goes out !

On principal as a female i can't give you a 'like' for your post but it's really funny.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 11:03 PM, FLY2 said:

Whenever I tend to walk along the edge of the square opposite Debenhams, it always seems to smell of human pee.

Some poor sods taken city living to another level (taken Sunday afternoon)

EH8buf8XkAA6Ozf?format=jpg&name=small

It makes you want to pray for constant rain or sleet doesn't it ?

• Like 1

Heavy rain  forecast here for Thursday evening.  For once, I hope they're right.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well I was wondering why we hadn’t had any Trick or Treaters around here this evening, considering there are a few local young families.  Just been outside and see that we have a ‘POLICE CRIME SCENE- DO NOT ENTER’ banner right across the double electric gates!   No idea where that came from but it will be saved for next year :crazy: We’ve got lots of sweeties to eat ourselves now!  

Oh and 47 years ago tonight my husband and I had our first proper date, he took me to The Chateau for a steak dinner.  :wub:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Same here, nothing. A bag full of mini chocolate bars to myself. Yippee.

Living in a rural area, we don't have that nonsense, houses around here are anything up to and sometimes more than a mile apart. Our drive is over half a mile long, then there's the danger of wild life,  bear, mountain lion, Bobcats (Lynx) and coyotes, so kid's aren't allowed to roam too far from home in the dark.

I might add, even I don't venture too far from the house in the dark without a good flashlight and a loaded rifle.