Seems all my new toys mean that four letter word WORK!! My two latest acquisitions are an electric log splitter to make life easier splitting logs for the fire. And todays new toy arrived just after lunchtime. A generator big enough to run the whole house when we get a power failure. It runs off the power take off shaft of the tractor and is rated at 15KW's 16KW surge. We had a major ice storm go through here last January, and the only power we had for nearly a week was from a 5KW portable genny. Not anywhere near big enough to cope with our present power needs!

Here's my new toy

Cessna 182 remote control airplane (Not had it up yet , oooooer missus, but it seems to be airworthy!!)

Cessna182014.jpg

Cessna182012.jpg

Is it electric or steam powered?

My son has just bought another petrol powered airplane, second hand of course.

He flew it for the first time last weekend and did a pretty good job of the lift off and landing, his friend who has been flying model planes for ages has got through five planes this year alone, everyone has nose dived into the ground.

He thinks the cause of the problem is interference from the new station at Parkway.

My son has changed his operation wave length and so have many others that use the grass runway and now they have no problems apart from his mate who hasn't.

Bip.

Rogersnewtoy004.jpg

Recumbent trike, 20inch front wheels 26 inch rear wheel, Sturmey Archer drum brakes on the front wheels, ackerman steering, 27 gears through Sram grip shift, mesh recumbent seat, light alloy and cromoly frame, Shimano SPD pedals, equals great fun

Rog

Fourteen years old in Beecrofts on Pelham Street hanging my nose over a huge ready made Hawker Hunter that was hanging from the ceiling...beautiful model including little pilot.

Mother promised it for my birthday..it was powered by a jetex engine..a capsule that when fired up with a fuse was supposed to provide power to give thrust.

Melbourne Park with a mates Dad who was dead keen...(My Dad wasn't interested) Ignited the fuel and expectantly looked forward to the first flight...It ascended to about 30 feet and crashed nose first into the ground smashing into a thousand pieces.

I've never forgotten that day...the excitement and the terrible disappointment.Beecrofts didn't want to know...and an old friend (At least 18..really old) said it was far too heavy to fly and Beecrofts damn well knew it...

Never trusted an adult from that day to this.

It's like sitting in a deckchair Kev, steering about where your hips are, pedals out in front hence the SPD clip pedals, when you push hard on the pedals to go, all the power gets to the back wheel whereas on a diamond frame bike some of the power from your legs goes to lifting you out of the saddle so lost power to the back wheel, the only part I had to get used to was the steering, it's very positive, I guess that took all of two minutes to get used to,

Rog

It's electric Den,

And don't believe the sales mans hype about it being ready to fly straight away , first you have to translate the instructios from poorly translated Chinese into English , then stick the tail together and leave it to set for at least 16 hours, then feed the wires in to place , fit the wheels, connect the elevators, rudder and ailerons . Then trim it all straighten out the wheels as it won't taxy in a straight line , etc etc etc all in all two days to get ready!!

• 9 years later...