Car Number Plates

Nice post Benjamin.

When I moved here I did several trips.I bought a 2litre Cortina for £40 in Poets Corner,drove it to Tipperary full of my records.

Drove it to Tallaght in Dublin at Supermacs Burger joint- left the keys in and hopped a cab to the Airport.. I'd say it was there only twenty minutes.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

Way to go Ian,...........like ya style...........hee if only we could do it all again...........

• Upvote 1

I remember my old Vauxhall Chevette. KRP 822Y. So easy to do work on it. I also had an Austin 1300 MON 252F It had Morris hubcaps, a Wolsey radiator and parts from other marques. Sadly the gearbox gave up so it had to go. Lovely car until then.

• 2 months later...

VAL 1 on a black Audi seen near Southwell yesterday morning.

BUE494B 1964 Mini. Bought it brand new. Haven't bought a new one since.

Very pleased with reg. on current car which can be interpreted as a cricket reference but not prepared to declare it.

Red Jag.where I live. Reg. X999CAR. Bet it's worth a fortune. K3 is around here also.

Signing off - Football's about to start.

My first mini was FLW 810............then I had a mini with the reg. Lyn 737 - was great as my name is Lynn, I believe it was the Leicester number at the time, late 60's.....

The car came from Leicester.........

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a chavvy black hatchback today with blacked out windows and both number plates seemingly sprayed with what looked like Matt black paint. Must be illegal surely. I couldn't read it, and I drove past it !

Another variation on that theme which I've seen a few times........small pieces of masking tape stuck across parts of the letters & numbers to break up the shape of the characters. I don't know if it actually does confuse the cameras.

I'm sure it must. It's obviously done with an ulterior motive.

Father's Service number during WWII: 1138680.

My service number E8080976

My Co-Op number in the Falkland Islands: 351

My daftest number plate: SAU 513G Folk used to come up to me and say "Your plate says sausage!"

I tried to get F1 ANS (IAN'S) back in the day but it went for 4 grand (I think) . I had all of £250 !

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I saw B16 BAG yesterday. Someone's obviously got a very low opinion of themselves!

Mmmmm , he's obviously got a low opinion of her then.

First car was a Morris Minor Traveller OVO920F. Had been part of a TV repair firms fleet that their mechanic bought for himself. I bought it from him for £350 in 1974 with 79,000 on the clock. Part exed it 3 years later with 109,000 and a sunshine floor. Still felt a criminal getting rid of it.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think that the police are only likely to take action against that as a totting up offence when or if doing something more seriously wrong. It should of course fail its MOT if it qualifies for one yet.