Car Number Plates

Saw two cars driven by jolly girls in Hants yesterday......

M155FUN, and SU51DOS. Mmmmm !

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

There was a pink Cadillac that used to hang around Brighton registration ELV 15.

I saw a BT van once with the registration FAX 1T and there was a snooker player lived near my Sussex property with a Roller registration POT 1.

There was a car in Haslemere, Surrey with the registration ORG 45M. Was this before or after the move from Northamptonshire? (see a previous post) or is it one of these speciality plates that gets moved around and around which used to be sold in Exchange & Mart (before eBay came on the scene)?

I notice that Frank Key, the builders merchants have vehicles with KEY in the reg, and several estate agents such as Robert Ellis incorporate their names into the reg. It's a bit of ingenious advertising for them, and for the general public, it's just a bit of harmless fun.

If that's what they want to spend their money on, then that's fine by me. Freedom of choice !

22 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

I notice that Frank Key, the builders merchants have vehicles with KEY in the reg, and several estate agents such as Robert Ellis incorporate their names into the reg. It's a bit of ingenious advertising for them, and for the general public, it's just a bit of harmless fun.

If that's what they want to spend their money on, then that's fine by me. Freedom of choice !

I actually worked for Frank Key. Imagine a hgv with Frank Key plastered all over the cab & bodywork then a small (by comparison) number plate with half of the name on it, bit obvious you know who the wagon belongs to without a matching number plate.

My last wagon was BU04 KEY Bulwell yard year of wagon manufacture......2004 !

Eddie Stobart has ST08ART on one of his speciality trucks. Think it's a recovery truck, service truck or suchlike.

John Stephens the builders merchants have got most of his fleet with a JAS plate.

Yes, one just passed our house earlier.

On 8 November 2017 at 8:39 PM, Deepdene Boy said:

A woman that owns a firm selling marital aids in Northamptonshire has the registration ORG 45M

I saw one a few years ago that would match that

V14GRA

In the days of Gerards and Cussons (soap company) the directors and hierarchy had 1001 as the numerical part of their numberplates.

1001 was the trademark of a range of cleaning products which they manufactured.

47 minutes ago, Waddo said:

John Stephens the builders merchants have got most of his fleet with a JAS plate.

A lot of those wagons are owner drivers, nothing to do with JAS just JAS livery !

18 minutes ago, jonab said:

In the days of Gerards and Cussons (soap company) the directors and hierarchy had 1001 as the numerical part of their numberplates.

1001 was the trademark of a range of cleaning products which they manufactured.

1001 cleans a big, big carpet for less than half a crown!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I'm afraid there's numerous ones around these days, and absolutely NOTHING is ever done by the plod. 

Another thing, anybody know how many BMW's are missing the front plate in Bilborough / Broxtowe / Strelley and Aspley ? I counted five in four trips through Strelley the other day. Again, nothing done !

He can, but there’s loads of misspaced  around and the police have got more important things to do. They’re recognisable by speed cameras anyway. It makes him look a prat but it’s no big deal. No one gets harmed. I don’t condone it but no-one gets hurt. More important things to get excited about.

• Like 1