Car Number Plates

25 minutes ago, MargieH said:

What is it with men buying red cars

Do find out Margie, my car is redder than red, I would even say it's the most red-dished car in Nottingham, only a few days ago I was told that's the best red I have ever seen!    

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

Both my cars are Grey (metallic).

One is a Focus Estate and the other one is probably not age appropriate, although I know at least one person my age or older with similar.

I've had 2 Red cars in the past, the paint faded on both.

2 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

I've had 2 Red cars in the past, the paint faded on both.

Perhaps the colour faded because you were over enthusiastic with the polishing etc?   

@radfordred I always understood that men liked red cars because they felt the colour made them appear dominant and a bit aggressive causing them to feel 'one up' on other male drivers.  Also I think I read that the colour would impress the ladies as it implied the drivers of those red cars were fired by testosterone...

29 minutes ago, MargieH said:

I always understood that men liked red cars because they felt the colour made them appear dominant and a bit aggressive

Mines Black with dark window blinds so everyone thinks I'm a drug dealer and gets out my bleddy way!    :hand:

• Like 1

Was once told, years ago that red was the safest colour for a car. When out in the countryside, you'd  spot a red car because it's  the complimentary  colour to the green countryside.... Just saying.

Twice in the past week I’ve seen a black Bentley Continental driving through Mapperley Park with no front number plate but it has a personalised rear plate.  I saw the same car in the area 18 months ago, again with no front plate.  How does he (yes it was a man driving) get away with it?   

Perhaps the police haven't a car capable of catching him !

11 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Twice in the past week I’ve seen a black Bentley Continental driving through Mapperley Park with no front number plate but it has a personalised rear plate.  

Does he have the front plate behind the windscreen, lying across the top of the dashboard ?  That's where a lot of them put it, so they can say "it fell off and I haven't had time to put it back yet".

EF4-AE092-11-AF-4559-A97-B-E379-B04-E0-C

This is the car in question, a photo I took in April 2018, only because it had no front reg plate and law breakers make me so mad.   The photo was still on my phone and when I just typed in the registration I’d memorised the other day into google search this photo of mine popped up! Can’t see anything on the dashboard on this pic.  There are often high-end motors parked right there, outside a newish off-licence that seems to only sell very expensive spirits and champagne!  At least that’s what the passers-by see for sale ...

• Upvote 1

Red/white trade plate was a sort of comprehensive road tax for a particular garage, to enable them to drive an untaxed vehicle on public roads. Picked up many a hitcher carrying trade plates when they were off to pick up or had just delivered a motor. Saved bus/train fare which they later claimed from their employers.

It would make you look 'holier than thou'! Electric cars are coming but I'm letting others be the guinea pigs until I consider the time is right. I don't want to be the first down our lane with an electric car. Nowadays I'm prepared to follow where others lead! The only chap I know nearby with an electric car is Allan Hardy, an example to us all!