Car Number Plates

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

@colly0410  I'm sure I heard someone say that the batteries are/will be made to charge when the brake is used.  I know nothing about cars but this sounded like an interesting  concept to me..

I forget what country it was, but regen battery charging was used on one of their cities buses. The buses had a heavy flywheel that assisted in "storing" (kinetic) energy as well, from recollection it was a partial success, as the bus stopped, a clutch disconnected the motor and the flywheel kept a small generator running charging the batteries.

Bit cumbersome, but at least someone was trying.

As far as perpetual motion is concerned, I think you will find it is possible. I saw a video of a feller who had a motor generator set where initial energy was used to start the motor, which was then fed by the generator. He'd worked out how to gain more energy out than used in generation. I know, but all the laws of physics are theories and theories change when proven ones are dismissed.

He couldn't get anyone to look into his test set up, found an Indian electrical engineer at an Indian nuclear power station to look into it and explain WHY it worked. The engineer looks at a schematic he'd enclosed and said IMPOSSIBLE. After some pleas, he built a test set up according to the engineering drawings and put it to the test and was floored! He stated, I have no explanation as to "how" it works, BUT it does! It defies all the known laws of physics...

I doubt we will hear too much of it as it presents a danger to commercial annual profits.

39 minutes ago, Ayupmeducks said:

I forget what country it was, but regen battery charging was used on one of their cities buses

They've been tried in several cities including London (I think) and are known as Gyrobusses. I also seem to remember mentioning them on here before.

Perpetual motion? easy take two Unicorns and ……………………..

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Perpetual motion? easy take two Unicorns and

I think spaceships use perpetual motion !

The most brilliant minds ever, never had university educations that moulded them into their way of thinking, two come to mind, Einstein and Tesla, when it comes to engineering and science NEVER scoff at any idea.

We were taught "laws of physics" according to our discipline, mine being electricity and electronics, my mind was moulded to fit their teachings, including text books, learn to think outside the "box" and ANYTHING is possible.

Had the inventors of many things thought it was like two unicorns, we'd still be in the dark ages. "Iron ships", heavier than air flight, flat screen monitors, semi conductors, chips holding millions of transistors" etc being perfect examples of what I said.

5 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I've often thought that "experts" can be some of the most narrow-minded people in existence.

I was always told that the meaning of "expert" is ex as in was and a spurt is a drip under pressure!!

On 10/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, The Pianoman said:

I had J816 BRA for a while   :ohmy:

What were you doing with a J size big bra, Malcolm?! 

smile2

I know threads do tend to 'wander' but that last page alone went above and beyond. License plates, to electric cars, to batteries, to perpetual motion, to bras and boobs. It has to take the prize!

• 1 month later...

When I worked at Boulby Mine, I arrived at work one afternoon shift and there was an RR parked in the employees car park, I thought Jeeze someone puts a lot of overtime in to buy one of those.

Turns out it belonged to one of the Surveyors, no they didn't pay that well, he used to buy RR's that were insurance write offs and restore them.