Car Number Plates

We’ve still got EKO 694 sitting in the garage on ‘Little Mo’.  
Didn’t realise til now that we’ve got 6 personalised number plates in the family, some were fairly cheap too, the most expensive was probably £600 and that’s on retention.  One actually spells our son’s name without moving letters and spaces to make it illegal.   The beauty of a personalised plate is that the age of the car isn’t obvious.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

My brother in law is a taxi driver & has Northern Irish non year number plates so his punters don't know the age of his car... Couple who used to live opposite us Maralin & Wayne had MAZ **** & WAZ ****, their son had a Northern Irish plate as well... Keep saying I'm going to buy a cheap Northern Irish to pretend my 17 reg car is newer, but never got round to it...

The oldest registration I can remember is from the early 1960s when my father had a Bond Minicar (3-wheeler).

It was XTV 807 but these days doesn't even register on the government website. Its life probably ended by the mid-60s.

My first car was a '63 Mini , reg number 196 TAR . Unfortunately the flywheel shed some teeth and it was difficult to start  , so had to get rid .

We used to live on the hill at Thorneywood above the car auctions on Honeywood Gds and it just about made it there to be auctioned off . Think it fetched £10 .

My first four wheel vehicle was a 1954 Ford Poular, EEB 512, which I bought off my older brother for 25 quid. That was back in 1964. Had a Capri scooter afore that, KTO 288. Car used more oil than petrol.

• Like 1