Car Number Plates

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog. That was a Shih Tzu.

At least you don't have to figure out what these plates mean, britgal [me] and britchick [Zumba instructor]

The time to get worried is when no-one notices you aren't there.  

On 10/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, Beekay said:

Red/white trade plate was a sort of comprehensive road tax for a particular garage, to enable them to drive an untaxed vehicle on public roads. Picked up many a hitcher carrying trade plates when they were off to pick up or had just delivered a motor. Saved bus/train fare which they later claimed from their employers.

I used to do car/van delivery's at New Crown & they always wanted the bus/train tickets & petrol receipts. You'd often deliver a new car & bring back their old one, the petrol tank would usually be empty. Used to go all over the country at New Crowns expense on swaps = you'd take a blue Bedford Astravan to a Dudley dealer & bring back a Nova on trade plates. New Crown is now a Lidl...  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Always remember seeing a Rolls Royce near the QMC some years ago with the reg number of ROG 1, sommat for me to aspire to I suppose, but then again think I'll stick to the Toyotas

Rog

20 hours ago, Stuart.C said:

ROG 1 appears to be for sale at the moment if you want to fulfill your aspirations,

Just £83798 (inc vat, hence strange figure)

I think that would look a bit pretentious on my little Toyota  but a lovely thought non the less

Rogslywink

• 2 months later...

Lowest number old style plates I've had is AVO 15B, H41 VAU & G87 ACH, I've had new style FH10 + 3 random letters & my present one Fe17 **Z. Dad had 74 GNN & GWA 1C, he was always going to sell GWA 1C but never did & took it to the scrapyard on Moor Road Bestwood Village & got £15 for it... 

32 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I had a Capri! :biggrin:

We also had a Capri untill we were going down a hill on a snowy night and the front wanted to do it's own thing.     This was one of the Capri faults there was more weight in it's front than at the back.

Our first car was a Mini can't remember what number plate was, before that we had a 125cc motor bike number plate JEF 123