Frank

Car Number Plates

In about 1950, my Dad had a Standard 12 (I think) with the reg JAL 999. One day when we were travelling on a little road somewhere between Ollerton and Retford we met another car travelling in the opposite direction and it was JAL 998. We waved to each other and carried on. I suppose it wasn't such a huge coincidence as there weren't so many cars on the road way back then... It obviously made an impression on the 7 year old me though, as I could probably still find exactly where it happened on that road even now!

• Upvote 1

I used to have a jaguar reg GBC (Gedling borough council) wish I never got rid of it ,best car I ever had.

Son-in-law has reg.no. HE11 YEH

On a on white Ferrari 458 Spider by any chance??

A few months ago, I was driving through Colwick when I noticed that the car in front was an identical make and model as mine, with the same first two letters and numbers, except his reg ended HRN while mine was HRM. In other words his was registered at the same time as mine.

What was unusual is that both cars were first registered in Chelmsford, Essex.

TRD #84 - Yep was on his Ferrari now transferred to his orange Lamborghini Huracan. He's either loving life or still rebelling in his mid forties.

• Upvote 2

At NCT Bulwell Bus Depot we had 36 identical buses with consecutive reg numbers, worrabout that ! hellothere

When trolley buses were running NCT had 100 buses with consecutive reg numbers

P.S. the three axle variety

500 to 6701

When trolley buses were running NCT had 100 buses with consecutive reg numbers

P.S. the three axle variety

500 - 601. I reckon that's more than 100 :)

#82. Beeston Mick, we were travelling from Nottingham to visit relatives who lived in Beckingham or Wiseton (can't remember which one on that particular day) we travelled through Retford on the way, I think

# 90, Dave, well he couldn't possibly live where I do, the speed humps would rip the under-carriage off that car in no time!

• Upvote 1

My motorhome has ......THE TZU...... being that we show Shih Tzu's

As a lad, I went to Whipsnade. All that I saw was a dog.

That was a Shih Tzu.

• Upvote 5

A mate had LBE 3 !!, bought not for the number, I think in those days you couldn't sell / tranfer reg numbers.

Lizzie #93 Ferrari and Lambo apparently have an optional extra, front suspension lifting system.

Necessary as their drive until recently resembled Land Rover's proving ground and used to trouble me enough in my VW Polo.

• Upvote 2

Beeston Mick and Catfan: My NSU 1200 cost me £15 from a scrapyard on Colwick Road (Near that famous scrap metal dealer, whose name just escapes me - Pownall's?). It cost me another £10 to put it through its MOT. A total of £25. I drove it for a year and then took it back to another scrap yard and got £10 for it. Not bad eh?! :)

• Upvote 2