The Chinese Industrial Revolution!

It's scary to know bearings are made in China, their metallurgy skills are so poor, I replaced the front wheel bearings on my truck, I insisted NO CHINESE bearings, so had Romanian bearings....I've since been informed by a retired UK fitter, they were probably made in China.

All the old top bearing manufacturers have them made there for them now, SKF etc....

That trimphone could fetch a bob or two. the leather cased ones are rare. Look out for them on carboot sales, 60's 70's dial phones too.the blue, green, red and black one are the ones to look out for. V

My collection was featured in Millers collectibles guide books. 1999-2000 and 2000-2001. I valued them too

Don't know what Beef steak was on about?.

I think the phone you have Cliff as far as I can remember, is an Ambassador. Unusual to get a white one,they were mainly beige or mustard color. They made tings to last in those days.

The Chinese have taken over from the Japs in Electronics technology development and production.

Quality control is getting better.

Samsung S4 Smartphone over £500!

Chinese clone with dual sim, same spec $100-$150 US.

I was just going to say,the colored dial phones, are very sort after today. People like retro style, designers, students. period interior's. retro shops. ect. They produce replicas today. Ever see bakerlight telephones on carboots. the colors to look out for are, White, valuable, red very valuable, Green, take everyone on here for a meal. if your not sure about bakerlite. It will be heavy feel cold like stone to touch.

​The 300 series with receiver and long body with dial, was designed by the King of Sweden, in the late 30's. The pyramid phone are more valuable. sometimes these phones had a little draw to keep phone numbers in.

Anyone gotta Mickey mouse, made by ATM in America.?.Fetch a pretty penny.

Sorry to bore everyone. I did electronic engineering, phones was my forte. De Da.

• Upvote 2

The electronics aren't getting any better Mick, the processors are not designed nor made by the Chinese, most are designed in "Silicon Valley" and made in the far east, Thailand usually and sent to the Chinese manufacturer.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this, but expect all domestic electronics to start failing after about two or three years of age.

Lead was banned from the solder used in making these products, after many failures found by NASA and the US military, it was found the lead free solder had the peculiar habit of growing tin crystals commonly known as "hairs:

No this is not a joke, you can find photos of these "tin hairs" by a search on the internet.

They tend to cause shorts on the circuit boards..Military grade electronics now use 60/40 solder again to overcome this problem.

I brought this up with a computer tech a few years ago and he was aware of it back then.

I just had a thought, it's not "hairs" it's known as "tin whiskers"...Sorry about the mistake, I've not been out of bed long when I typed the message.....

Really nice phone Mick. something that will increase in value i thinx. they claim. they are made in china, shipped to america and distributed around the world. reminds me looking at it. of my American red payphone I had shipped from Texas.

Ayeupducks. I have a friend half Cherokee, who was born in what is now silicon valley. she's a stunner. interesting about the chips. Thanx De Da.

Wow that's some Mobile Mick. my phone does everything. point it up at the stars, it tells you what the stars are. I can listen to public services radio in the states. everything but make a cup of tea. and you know what ironically?. can't make a phone call for some reason.

​It's amazing technology,' when it works'. wonder what the future will bring. anyone remember brick telephones/. r rabbit phones. you had to stand near a location like a shop to get a connection. De Da.

• Upvote 1

Ha ha, funny. I saw a water otter the other day in the river, a water hotter, an old kettle. De Da.

Looks like an ambassador from the 80's/ 90;s. unusual to see a white one. they were usual a brown mustard color. Great to know your still using it. De Da.