The Chinese Industrial Revolution!

The Chinese are taking over.

They make everything.

I have to admit, I am a bit of a sucker for watches!

Todays purchases on Fleabay are shown below.

What I want to know is How do they do it for the price?

watch1.jpg

4.99p

watch2.jpg

99p?

Sting you on Postage tho.....We were looking at a house phone from China...beautiful wall mounted carved Dragons with a phone in it somewhere....4:99........no postage mentioned so we asked....£95.

We dint buy it.

Got this the other day tho... £3 off a car boot

Phone.jpg

• Upvote 2

"I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" is currently 50p at Morrisons here (Bought 4 tubs just to prove it !!!!)

• 3 years later...

I bought quite a lot of stuff from China this week.

All has been shipped, Items priced from 79p to £70.50p, all with free postage?

How do they do it?

Today got this nice Ebay message from a seller regarding a 99p item...

Regarding to your item: (33070899*** x1)

We are excited to inform you that our Mr. Pigeon has started off and covered 25% of its journey. As stated in our auction, the shipment will take about 10-25 days during the delivery. Please be patient and wait for the arrival of your lovely item.

(Notice: Since the air cargo capacity of China Post has been impacted due to a high volume of items, there might be a delayed shipment of some items.
So if unfortunately you haven't received the item within the expected time, please be patient and wait for some more days. Thanks for your kind understanding.)

Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact us via 'eBay Message'. We will try our best to assist you to resolve the challenges facing ASAP.

Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to share with you our products. We strongly believe that quality, blended with excellent service, is the foundation for successful business.

Yours Faithfully Seller,

• 3 weeks later...

What a bargain. I used to collect and renovate old telephones. my house is like a museum. you have what is commonly known as a candlestick. the holder of the bell shaped receiver, usually had two lugs, sometimes solid ones, sometimes loops, so a lock could be fitted, to stop servants using the phone without permission.

Have a look out for old trim phones, from the late 60's 70's. collectors items. Millions were scrapped. they have a radio active dial. I woke up one morni g to see one glowing in the dark. but you would have to have a lot to have any adverse affects. De Da.

Talking about The Chinese industrial revaluation. Chairman Mow, translated as 'Cat'. commanded every village and town to produce steel, it was a complete failure. the steel was very poor quality.. Not like Sheffield steel.

Another command was to kill wild birds, to stop them eating crops. people would shout and wave things to scare birds, until they fell from the sky dieing from exhaustion.

Nice watches. If I was still selling on ebay, I buy and sell them for £20.

D Da.

Sting you on Postage tho.....We were looking at a house phone from China...beautiful wall mounted carved Dragons with a phone in it somewhere....4:99........no postage mentioned so we asked....£95.

We dint buy it.

Got this the other day tho... £3 off a car boot

Phone.jpg

Nice curtains.

Psst! you don't want to buy some genuine replica Rolex watches do you?. Don't tell anyone Mick. £8.000 in the shops. but to you, 50p. De Da.

The Chinese are taking over.

They make everything.

I have to admit, I am a bit of a sucker for watches!

Todays purchases on Fleabay are shown below.

What I want to know is How do they do it for the price?

watch1.jpg

4.99p

watch2.jpg

99p?

Perhaps you just get a photo?. De Da.

Get you now Mick. Nice watches wouldn't mind one. thanks for telling us. De Da.

Pete's comment about phones has reminded me that we have a collection in the loft - Trimphone, Dial phone (tele 706), Rhapsody Elite (leather covered), and a dozen or more newer phones that I've acquired over the years through doing field trials for BT of phones (and other equipment) before they become available on sale.

Must have a clear-out one day.

Trimphone, Dial phone (tele 706), Rhapsody Elite (leather covered), and a dozen or more newer phones that I've acquired over the years through doing field trials for BT of phones

You can probably identify this then. It's over 25 years old and still in everyday use.

phone.jpg

This is why we have a million on the dole. The other million and a half are bone idle wasters, freeloaders, hypochondriacs, professional protesters and civil Servants. (Just joking) maybe.

I don't know about the UK, but over here, stateside, it's extremely difficult to find anything made here now, nearly everything has "Made in China" labels, others have made in India, Pakistan, Thailand etc...Finding Made in the USA now is like looking for hens teeth....

There's a TV manufacturing company getting going over here, just the one mind you, and as they have stated, most of their parts are made in China as it's almost impossible to find parts made anywhere else in the world, let alone home made parts.

Nearly every component in modern PC's and laptops come from Chinese manufacturers.

Just look on the bright side, when everyone is out of work in western countries, nobody will be able to afford Chinese made goods, and all their people will be unemployed.. The tables will be turned then......LOL

I'm working on changing a leaking intake manifold on my car right now. While having everything stripped down I thought I would change the fan belt and a couple of idler pulleys as they felt dry and there is no way to grease them. They have over 100,000 miles on them. I bought a manifold because it said made in the USA on it. Looks like a nice product too. Needless to say both of the idler pulleys from Autozone say "made in china." Wonder how long they will last? It is so crazy that all of our manufacturing jobs have left and they sell us junk in return. Take a good look at Detroit we are all probably heading in the same direction