I'll go further. I hate the whole damn lot of the Utilities companies. They are just a bunch of greedy b------s who try to make out that times are hard for them and they have the customer at heart. BULLS--T!! They are only interested in fleecing the customers out of every penny they can. The over paid directors and shareholders are living it up somewhere hot and praying we get colder weather while we are freezing to death because we can't afford to keep warm.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned b

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenager

Yes,and he still won £3666.......said hes going to 'blow it' on a trip to Vegas.........bet he can't find it..........

Things were far better when we had EMEB and EMGB !

I've a new and growing pet hate, the friggin tin solder used in electronics these days!!! Even with know how and a hot iron it's like melting cast iron!!

Took me all of an hour to replace a printed circuit board switch in a UPS!! inserting the new switch and soldering it took all of five minutes, removing the old switch took all of 55 minutes....Grrrrrrrrr.

Morons who don't pick up their dog's poo or even worse, in my opinion, they pick it up and leave the little poly bag full at the foot of a tree, behind one of those big BT green boxes, council grit bin or tucked in my hedge.

Another one ...... folk who think it's perfectly OK to empty a car ashtray out in a car-park or gutter. A lot of people have been fined for dropping one cigarette end in the street, how come these ashtray emptiers don't get spotted?

Another one ...... folk who think it's perfectly OK to empty a car ashtray out in a car-park or gutter. A lot of people have been fined for dropping one cigarette end in the street, how come these ashtray emptiers don't get spotted?

Once I was in Strasbourg, when someone did just that, and an old lady calmly walked into the road and picked up the cigarette ends, then threw them through the open car window saying "I think you have dropped these" and walked off, the car driver swore and drove off covered in fag ends, but several people, me included, applauded the old lady...
  • Upvote 1

Ayupmeducks its the smelly wellies brigade again.

Lead no longer allowed in electronics soldering must be lead free which has a higher melting point.

2/3 of Japanese manufacturers now use a tin, silver, copper mixture needs about an extra 30 degrees C.

We have to use the bloody stuff on potable water as well.

Colin

Yeah I know Colin, I hope your aware of "tin whiskers" ??? Do a search, it's NOT a joke either, the US military changed it's specs back to lead/tin solder because of "tin whiskers". All US government contracts for electronics require standard old type 60/40 solder now.

All them years "sweating" lead joints and I'm still in one piece,

Mines all approved PVC water pipe, 1 inch from the well pump nearly 500 feet down the well bore to the water tank.Then 1 inch PVC to house. All cleaned and "glued"

The "tin whiskers" are really something to worry about in electronics, the tin grows crystals that can and do short circuits out. So if you keep computers for more than a couple of years, give them a good clean out regularly and inspect for tin whiskers.

I'd hardly think it's worth worrying about on copper pipe joints.

There are some good photos of the phenomenon if you do a search.

Re EMEB and EMGB, might be me but I cannot see how splitting up any national company properly monitored and controlled can lead to cheaper bills? at least with the former there was only one lot of fat cats? now every little tin pot supplier has their own execs etc taking their rip off cut, same with the railways, phones, water etc, then theres the health care? was talking to someone who works in such last night actually gets £6.20 per hr with nothing extra for overtime, they employ agency staff for that at £11.50 ph

As regards emptying of ash trays, once saw my then gp having only drove about 100 yds out of the health centre empty an overflowing ash tray straight out of the window, no doubt his 4x4 more suited to crossing the Atacama desert than visiting patients was in cruise control as he was using both hands, no names or address etc but it was outside St Leo's church!

• Upvote 1

People who don't know how to use the English language when writing something, eg of instead of have they use of (must of got that, instead of must have got that)

Idiots

Rog

• Upvote 1

"Burrint" that the way we talk Rog.......LOL....

The wrong use of "as and has" riles me...Two different words with two different meanings

I'm not the worlds finest typist, so drop many typo errors, my spell checker picks most up that I later correct, some I have to go back and edit after the text is posted.

I hate people with poor grammar, but my phone hates grammar so you'll notice many typos in my posts. It's a horrid keypad!!