Because anyone spells correctly or not is really irrelevant. No one, certainly not me, looks down on anyone who has difficulty in any way with the written, or spoken word. Take a look at the the topic, 'Word Association'. It's been going longer than I have with 'Nottstalgia'. With me, and obviously others, the written word is a hobby, whether I'm reading it or writing it and I have done a great deal of writing for very little reward. I enjoy it as something I find easier to express myself with than the spoken word. Those who enjoy this sort of communication are not snobs because they may be reasonably good at it. Personally, I'm lousy at maths but I don't regard skillful mathematicions as snobs.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned b

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenager

Yes,and he still won £3666.......said hes going to 'blow it' on a trip to Vegas.........bet he can't find it..........

If everyone used Firefox browser, spelling mistakes would be far and few between, it has a spell checker that can be set to US or UK English, it underlines a spelling error.

What a lot of you are failing to realize is that this topic is entitled "Pet Hates". Not "Something I dislike, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong and don't have the democratic right to have an opinion on the 'something I dislike' in question"

In other words , some people don't like spelling mistakes, so that's that , end of. None of you can tell them they don't have the right to say it!

• Upvote 1

Watch your spelling Mrs J ..........just joking!!!

That's the best way.....

What about the use of double negatives, such as " I ain't not got no money". That really pi***s me off.

There are a lot of double negatives in song lyrics, just to make the words fit in the line, I expect. I think kids of today think it's normal. The Rolling Stones have a lot to answer for in I Can't get No Satisfaction!

Engineers straight out of university! Only came across one in my years as an electrician, knew it all and knew screw all... He came in boots kicking trying to tell seasoned electricians, including myself, how to do the job...My mate on another shift and myself soon had him running away tail between legs...LOL

He used to avoid both of us like the plague for fear of being ridiculed...I could post more on here about him, but I'd sooner forget him.

Katyjay, I can't believe your not a Honky Tonk Woman.

Can we make it The Last Time you rubbish my all time favourite group. bowdown

There's no need to Paint It Black after all it's Only Rock 'n' Roll.

Now I know you Can't Always Get What You Want said the man at the Beggars Banquet as he dipped his Sticky Fingers in the bowl of Brown Sugar.

Any more bad talk and you will Start Me Up and make me all Doom & Gloom. noblue

But Time Is On My Side and Wild Horses wouldn't let me have Sympathy For the Devil.

Yours Jumpin Jack Flash. :jumping:

• Upvote 3

I think you lot need to get a pet.....a little red rooster.......LOL

Re # 141, Ain't no sunshine now she's gone, Ain't no stoppin' me now ,

Re # 142, No Ashley, not know alls, it's knowing right from wrong.

re # 143, we had one at Plessey years ago. Straight from Manchester Uni and couldn't even use an electric drill.

He soon left and went selling bibles.

Re # 145, Nice one BasfordLad I like it, I li li li li like it.