• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned b

Like i said Nonna.........love to greet people in their own language........and i got most of the words by asking the teenagers,.........however the other week i was dealing with some Punjabi teenager

Yes,and he still won £3666.......said hes going to 'blow it' on a trip to Vegas.........bet he can't find it..........

Pet hates!- crikey i could fill a bus depot with'em,here's a few. Ad breaks on tv, then advertising a programme for next week- plus naming the piggin' sponsor. Everyone's gone metric (imperial-me!) presenters saying "listen to that 3 litre lump" and you can't hear it because some druid has morphed a Van Halen song over it!! Twits that leave toilet roll tube on dispenser. Serve yerself tills- AGGHH!!!

Junk mail and door to door salespeople. We have stickers either side of the letter box saying no junk mail and no door to door salespeople but too many of those who come to the door seem unable to read these notices! Before we had the stickers I got rid of the salespeople by saying "I cannot buy anything, I am just doing the cleaning" and they assumed I was the cleaning lady. The change in attitude was amazing!

• Upvote 1

Litter

• Upvote 1

Smokers, smoking near me.

• Upvote 2

Vinyl banners. Should be banned. Banners are graffiti, graffiti is litter. Can't abide banners. And filthy sticky tables in Nottingham pubs - including Wetherspoons where the customer service training includes how to tell a customer "I'll be back in a minute mate" (well I'll won't be mate). Phewie, sorry. and ugly cars, with ugly names --- Quashkie. Why not nice names like bikes? Raleigh, Carlton, Mercian, Aende, Norman Butler.

I once had two good bikes, a Bates and a Dawes.

I hate it in cafes when you order a coffee and the cup is nearly full with minimal room to put milk in. I invariably top it up, stir it, then it's all over the saucer and still too hot to drink.

Re cars. I detest these luggage boxes that fit on car roofs. If you need one of these hideous things, then you are carrying too much.

I once saw one fall off and be hit by a lorry on the M6. I also saw some retard with two cases on a conventional roof rack on the hard shoulder of the M1 and he was trying to dodge traffic to retrieve clothing as one had fell off and split open. I've seen a bath slip from a roof rack on the M1, but luckily it skidded into the hard shoulder.

Most unnerving was seeing a pushchair canopy gradually opening up as it had not been secured properly on a roof rack. It eventually opened up and flew into the air over the top of my van. It luckily was crushed by a truck and slid down the embankment.

Holding the door open for people and being totally ignored....so rude. I always say ' that's alright duck, I hold the door for anyone ' but always get a blank look. ( Sorry if this has ben mentioned before )

• Upvote 5

Ref: #181 Smokers.

Smoking is banned in restaurants throughout Europe, which we accept as correct; so why, oh why do Europeans insist on going to other countries and smoking in restaurants "Because they can"? We used to smoke everywhere but now we are better educated and there is NO EXCUSE for a smoker sitting next to someone who is trying to eat a meal whilst that smoker is puffing his waste smoke all over the diners.

I hate! hate! hate! the way it is becoming the norm to raise the intonation of the voice at the end of every sentence, turning it into a question.

• Upvote 4

They should have their tongues forcibly removed !!!!!!!!' LOL

And shoved where the sun don't....SHINE ?

• Upvote 2

Yet another way of eroding this beautiful language we used to have.

I also hate the way kids try to imitate rappers by attempting patois or more commonly known as Pigeon English.

I say, if you want to talk like that, then bu66er off to Kingston !!!!!'

• Upvote 4

#179 Bilborough Shirley

One of the culprits for junk mail is the Royal Mail. They supplement their post income by delivering what they call "door to doors" (junk). In reality they couldn't make a profit without this addition to the business model. Tonnes and tonnes of this stuff comes out of RM delivery offices everyday.

It is seen as registered mail so posties have to deliver it whether you put up a sign or not - they are dead hot on it as employers and it is often a sacking offence. I recall in some extreme cases where some have been prosecuted e.g. when they put it all in their loft rather than delivery it.

My insight came from a temp job I had a few years back. Posting letters was a joy but "door to doors" less so - I left after only a short time.

Having to run the gauntlet of fag smoke to get into a pub/cafe or place of work because smokers stand in the doorways to smoke,I am an ex smoker by the way

Rog

ps, it's against the law to smoke within 15 feet of any open window or doorway

I'm also an ex smoker, around 40 years now and have developed an allergy to tobacco smoke, very much like a severe asthma attack, even though I don't suffer asthma.

I have just found a "New Pet Hate". This morning I had to speak to the receptionist at the Warfarin Clinic on three seperate calls.

What happened to "Just a moment please" or "Sorry To Keep you". or "I'll put you through to the nurses".

I think she must have been having a "Meranda Moment" or ten. All she kept saying was "Bear With" at every opportunity! I suppressed the urge to say "Bear With What".

CHIPS. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Similar to your post, Carni, some younger people round here say: " Can I come with?" missing out the name of whoever they want to go with. Is that heard in other areas too? I've only noticed it in the last couple of years but I don't like it and hope I don't accidentally start to use it!!

• Upvote 1

Not a hate, just something that looks dead naff. Mainly ladies, who don't take the price labels off the soles their new shoes. Walking behind them they stand out like a sore thumb, lazy buggers. Once went to a wedding where the bride and groom were kneeling at the altar, the price labels on both their shoes in full view.

• Upvote 2