William Crane Secondary Boys' School

The Crane badge was oval. The newer one had a crane bird on, can't remember the older one though. Can't think where Paignton Close was, Aspley?

Paignton Close was off Wellstead Avenue, which was off Broxtowe Lane.  I believe it's still there.

Looks like Cynthia was at Crane but I can't see the badge clearly enough to distinguish what's on it.

Ok, now I know where Paignton Close is, I guess I never had a friend live there so had never heard of it. Looked at a 1958 school photo. Most of the girls have the oval badge on their berets, which would be the crane bird.  A few girls have a shield shaped badge with a diagonal stripe going through it. Pretty sure the word Crane was on the stripe. I am guessing these girls had an older sister and inherited the beret.

Can't think of any Newton's at Crane. It was worth a shot! Cynthia was not a very common name, one  lived round the corner from me and I can't think of any other. Maybe she is a little younger than me.