Favourite actors and actresses

Me, I've always been a fan of Dr Who, when Chris Ecclestone began the new adventures, I thought he was amazing, when it was announced that the seemingly effete David Tennant was taking over, I was filled with despair.

However, what a doctor and in fact, brilliant actor he turnd out to be, the best Doctor of all time by a considerable margin, I'm going to find him an impossible act to follow, Xmas won't be good for us this year, but to lose David Tennant on top of that is a disaster. I wish him luck, I hope he can shake the character out of his hair and go on to the 'Glittering Prizes' that he deserves.

Another contemporary favourite is Michael Sheen, he manages to carry off character portrayals with ease, his playing of Blair in 'The Queen' was superb, I've seen so much of his interpretation of 'Our Cloughie', but not the whole film yet, I look forward to it, Xmas wish list, definately.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could never take to Robert Shaw, think he reminded me of a teacher at school. Can't stand Ray Winston, he really thinks he is an East End hard man, just like Bob Hoskins previously. Nesbit looks like

Boris Johnson - oops, sorry, wrong thread 

American favourites.........John Wayne,Clint Eastwood,Glen Ford,Randolph Scott,.........just love the old Cowboys..................

Bloody hell Firbeck we agree on something else ..............LOL . I too found Christopher Ecclestone to be a fantastic Dr Who and unsurpasable and was devastated when he quit after such a short run , but as you say David Tennant did a fantastic job as a replacement. I do feel sorry for the new lad (Can't remember his name ,yet,) he certainly has a very big pair of boots to fill!!

Matt Smith, I worry that it could be a bit like when Peter Davison was cast in the role after Tom Baker in the 80's, it was hard to think of Tristan Farnon as the Doctor, but at least the new bloke is unknown to me and not been previously typcast.

Ooops, perhaps we should start a new thread about our favourite Doctors, and if anybody says, whats it got to do with Nottingham, I remember John Pertwee and Sarah Jane opening the Wollaton Park Balloon Festival in the 70's.

Was anyone else there?

Yes, he was and did...

He was at Pavement same time as myself, but 2 years below my year.

Can't claim to remember him, but those that do say he was "OK, but rather quiet and introverted"

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 years later...

my favorite actress like beeffy dame judy dench saw her for the first time in joan of arc 1966 at nottingham playhouse she made a real impression on me that night she was the understudy and steped in at the last min as the actress who was playing the part wastaken ill did such a great job they gave her the lead role for the rest of the run .

and one of my favorite actors is david jason.

• Upvote 1

Who can forget the real greats..............Keanu Reeves, Hugh Grant, Michael Caine, Kym Marsh, Dick Van (cockernee Dick) Dyke, Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Su Pollard & finally the inimitable ROSS KEMP (usually playing ROSS KEMP)........................ :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Derek Jacobi - and if you never saw "I, Claudius" you don't know what you missed.

And can I add that I think Matt Smith is possibly the best Doctor Who, for at least a very long time. I don't watch it very often but he fits the part perfectly; and I go back to the days of Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton.

Noel Coward in "In which we serve,skipper of the Compass Rose"

Lord Olivier as Henry fifth

Rog

Compass Rose was featured in the 1951 novel " The Cruel Sea " and 1953 film starring those great actors: Jack Hawkins, Donald Sinden, Stanley Baker and Denholm Elliott. Riveting read and marvelous film.

• 3 months later...

Well, anyone who knows me knows that my favorite actress is Diana Dors. Infact I operate the FB page "Re-Introducing Diana Dors". Throughout her career Dors was a frequent visitor to Nottingham, infact one of her last public appearances was in Nottingham before she passed away in May 1984. Does anyone know who or what orgainsation holds the Nottingha Evening Post Archive - I've tried emailing the Evening Post, but I might aswell be hitting my head against a brick wall....ouch!

Hello Jackson, that's right Jason does live in Broadstairs. I speak to him and his brother every now and them. The book "Connecting Dors" was published last year.