Favourite actors and actresses

An actor worthy of mention here is Paddy Considine. Particularly as he is from Burton On Trent and therefore does a Midlands accent perfectly.

I particularly liked him in 'Dead Man's Shoes' which was on TV recently, but he was also really good in 'Le Donk...' and 'A Room For Romeo Brass'.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could never take to Robert Shaw, think he reminded me of a teacher at school. Can't stand Ray Winston, he really thinks he is an East End hard man, just like Bob Hoskins previously. Nesbit looks like

Boris Johnson - oops, sorry, wrong thread 

American favourites.........John Wayne,Clint Eastwood,Glen Ford,Randolph Scott,.........just love the old Cowboys..................

I enjoyed him in "Dead mans shoes too"

What have I seen him advertised in recently ? It's a comedy of some sort, is it that new one of Simon Peggs ? (I'm going to have to go and look now !)

_1653974_2obe.jpg

Peggy Mount was always good in the parts that she played BUT, what about the two ladies that I was in love with so many years ago????

Audrey Hepburn Audrey-Hepburn-2007.jpg

and Janet Leigh.psycho-janet-leigh-1.jpg

Re Paddy Constantine, his new movie is the new one from Simon Pegg "Worlds End"

Derek Jacobi for "I, Claudius" and "Brother Cadfael" and as Alan Turing in "Breaking The Code"

Pete Postlewaite for Sgt. Hakeswill in "Sharpe" and as the conductor of the pit band in "Brassed Off"

Peter O'Toole for "Lawrence of Arabia"

• 9 months later...

Ray winston,Michael Caine,Ronnie Barker,Maggie Smith,Judy Dench,Alistair Simm,and ofcourse George Clooney,

• Like 1

Tom Bell, Ken Stott, Sue Johnston. All the cast of " Last of the Summer Wine".

Americans - Ben Johnson, Lee Van Cleef, LQ Jones, William Holden, James Stewart, Gregory Peck. Any actors in good Westerns.

• Upvote 1

Agree with most of yours basfordred,especially "last of summer wine" and the "Westerns"

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Sue Pollard is a lasting memory for me. I was in "Archies" one afternoon ( The Lord Roberts), it was a locked door keep- on- serving do when the pubs shut at 2.30. Sue was stood on a table singing Jesus Christ, Superstar. Brilliant afternoon !

It must have been around 1973.

All the actor's mentioned are good but the one that stands out for me is

"James Stewart" in "Its a Wonderful Life" "The Glen Miller story", "The Man from Laramie" " Shenandoah" to name but a few of his films

• Upvote 1

American favourites.........John Wayne,Clint Eastwood,Glen Ford,Randolph Scott,.........just love the old Cowboys..................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Carradine.... The ultimate Southern Gentleman...... Brilliant!

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

James Stewart extremely modest and self deprecating. Genuine war hero flying bomber missions over Europe. Richard Todd similar character to Jimmy Stewart and another veteran who lived just over the Notts- Lincs border. As an officer On D Day he parachuted in to Normandy with 7 Para to relieve the troops holding Pegasus Bridge. In the film The Longest Day he was given the chance to play himself but instead chose the role of Major John Howard who lead the assault on the bridge, and of course Todd played Guy Gibson in The Dambusters 

Richard Todd was a really nice bloke in real life, too. My wife’s uncle, Tadeusz Szuwalski, was one of the RAF pilots who flew the aircraft for the Dambusters film and they remained life-long friends.

• Like 1