• 4 months later...

Hi, i'm pretty new on here but was very interested in the Arkwright school article.

I remember Bebe Khan she was an awesome footie player on the leeny, also remember the Benjamin brothers, Mr Parr, Mr Kennedy(went over to Canada) I used to carry crates of milk to each classroom before school, then i'd go home for Brekkie on Hartford street i lived at number 16 with mum dad and 3 sisters Lorna, Linda and Deb.

I lived next door to the Hurts and were close neighbours of the O'Dowds.

Great memories of the school, we used to play footie after school in the yard, sadly left Arkwright in 1970 for Mundella (i fluked my way thru my 11 plus lol), most of my mates went onto Trent Bridge.

I remember starring for the Chess team and we had great success in the Notts league, still like a game now and am the proud owner of a giant sized one ! I think i even beat Mr Parr once lol

Alan Gregory

I KNEW it was you Gregz! Your posts 've got you written all over 'em. Been some 20 yrs since we last met at yer fac on Hucknall Rd - how yer doin, me old mukker??

Hathaway (OI! Tony Parr was a pushover at chess - how did YOU get to board ONE if you only beat him once, yer kissass?)

You bloody creep, Gregz! Just for that, you can get that soddin chess squad thumbnail resized and posted so's we can ay a proper look. IMSHEE!

(Just kiddin Al, we also had one took of me and you in Birmingham too just before the glorious rout, but me ma can't find it. Tek care. Get the photo sorted. You'll find me on facebook under Tom Hathaway, London. Don't be stranger, me old lad!!)

Hathers

• 4 years later...

# 2 I'm 2nd from the end on the right on the bottom row, next to Elaine Watts.

Recognise anyone?

I would have left for Trent Bridge I was 11 in 1965, Mr Hutchinson was head. I remember Mr Parr think he was a welsh guy....Miss Raven.. and Skinner rings a bell... spooky name ... huh?

Hi, i'm pretty new on here but was very interested in the Arkwright school article.

I remember Bebe Khan she was an awesome footie player on the leeny, also remember the Benjamin brothers, Mr Parr, Mr Kennedy(went over to Canada) I used to carry crates of milk to each classroom before school, then i'd go home for Brekkie on Hartford street i lived at number 16 with mum dad and 3 sisters Lorna, Linda and Deb.

I lived next door to the Hurts and were close neighbours of the O'Dowds.

Great memories of the school, we used to play footie after school in the yard, sadly left Arkwright in 1970 for Mundella (i fluked my way thru my 11 plus lol), most of my mates went onto Trent Bridge.

I remember starring for the Chess team and we had great success in the Notts league, still like a game now and am the proud owner of a giant sized one ! I think i even beat Mr Parr once lol

Alan Gregory

I remember Charles Benjamin.