Just remembered I had these 2 pics taken at Arkwright school,sometime between 64/65 I think,just before I left for TBS.

# 1 I'm next to Bebe Khan 2nd from the end on the left bottom row.

post-28-1112873282_thumb.jpg

# 2 I'm 2nd from the end on the right on the bottom row, next to Elaine Watts.

Recognise anyone?

post-28-1112873353_thumb.jpg

:o I tried to get a better image but had no luck.. take them off mick if you think they are not worth having on.................

mick2me Posted on Mar 31 2005, 11:12 PM

Den

Photoshop seems to do a good job of cutting down file size, even in

largish images. What do you use? 

:D I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000..came with my computer.. also i have MGI PhotoSuite 8.06.

Will try & resize them today if I don't get the time I will email them to you so you can do it for me Mick, I'm trying to be all feminine & useless now!!.............Cheers.

post-28-1112389957_thumb.jpg

Careful...............I have a few of you too my love :rolleyes:

Will try & resize them today if I don't get the time I will email them to you so you can do it for me Mick, I'm trying to be all feminine & useless now!!.............Cheers.

K I think they should be ok now ;)

Don't remember Mrs Bradley Ilko. Names I do remember are Mr Parr]he was lovely] Mr Hutchison the head master & Mrs Cree?? I went through my first month in a misty teary eyed mess so I think I have blanked it all out :(

• 3 years later...

Only recognise you and Bebe. Her sister Karem was in my class. Don't you remember Mr Kennedy and Miss Dudley and Mrs Raven and Mr Jackson?

Wonder why they always took the snaps at the bottom of the stairs up to the dining room(yeuuuchhh! I told Mrs Raven not to try and make me eat beetroot or I'd puke and she did and I did!!)

All the best to you and Little Pauline, Tom Hathaway xx

• 4 months later...

Hi, i'm pretty new on here but was very interested in the Arkwright school article.

I remember Bebe Khan she was an awesome footie player on the leeny, also remember the Benjamin brothers, Mr Parr, Mr Kennedy(went over to Canada) I used to carry crates of milk to each classroom before school, then i'd go home for Brekkie on Hartford street i lived at number 16 with mum dad and 3 sisters Lorna, Linda and Deb.

I lived next door to the Hurts and were close neighbours of the O'Dowds.

Great memories of the school, we used to play footie after school in the yard, sadly left Arkwright in 1970 for Mundella (i fluked my way thru my 11 plus lol), most of my mates went onto Trent Bridge.

I remember starring for the Chess team and we had great success in the Notts league, still like a game now and am the proud owner of a giant sized one ! I think i even beat Mr Parr once lol

Alan Gregory