Sci-Fi Serials

• 3 years later...

Buster Crabbe was a naughty boy, he used to give his leading ladies a "flash" of his very large manhood, many an actress has raised her eyebrows...LOL

i know this is probably all about TV Sci Fi progs but one i could not leave out was bbc radio's Journey into Space and Dan Dare on Luxembourg Radio oooohhhh shivers down the spine

i remember sitting with my dad in the evening listening to Journey into Space, with jet morgan, we had a massive radiogram that took up half of a wall

Me too...I think it was repeated on Monday nights.Very well written and drew pictures in your mind that were undoubtably completely different from the next kid that was listening....the power of radio over the TV.

Childrens' Hour broadcast an excellent Sci Fi serial; a couple in fact. 'The Lost Planet' and 'Return To The Lost Planet', the lost planet being named Hesikos. Both titles are books by Angus MacVicar. I have second hand copies of both and they're still a good read.

Anyone remember the series that used to be on ITV on Sundays at around tea time? I seem to remember the first one was called 'Target Luna' where they were (probably) meant to be on the first flight to the moon. Although there were kids in it so maybe not.

Then I think they went to Mars and Venus in further series, but I can't remember their names.

Only actor I can remember in it was Gerald Flood. In later years he seemed to be a popular choice in the touring plays that used to come to the Theatre Royal in the 1970s and 80s.