Trainspotting in Nottm in the 50's and 60's and the ECML

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And the front view

Groan, you all say, another bloody train thread, fair enough. For us keen types, and there are several on here, it was a way of life during this period, quite innocent and promoted by kids programmes

Remember the English Electric 4-6-0 Gas Turbine Locomotive GT3. e

Yes indeed, never saw it in the flesh but once a film of such, interesting sound! also liked the styling, could have put up with diesels if all like that! looks like quorn? but guess any country station on the former GC

We have a daily train from here in Williams to the Grand Canyon. When it first was revived in '89, it was a steam engine daily, but over the years they've gradually gone to deisel, but on high days and holidays they put the steam engine back on. I love to hear it as it pulls out the station.

I was going to post a photo taken in March 2010 of the train (sadly diesel not steam) at the Grand Canyon end of the line but failed as 'the attachment was too big'. Loved our trip to Arizona, fantastic variety of scenery (plus baseball spring training).

Rumour as it that two A4 s 'Dominion of Canada' 60010 and Dwight D Eisenhower' 60008 will becoming back to the UK on a two year Loan.I remember seeing Woodcock 60010 at Bulwell Common around 1956/7 on a special.

Have some photos to post but seem to be struggling any help appreciated Please

Email them to me and I'll post them for you

or download photobucket (it's free) put your pic's on there then send here, it does all the work!

Go to your pic on Photobucket...left click on IMG under the picture you want...then 'copy'...come back on here to where you want it...right click then click 'paste'...the code will appear...now click 'post' and your picture will appear.

One fabulous looking GWR Locomotive,the copper and brass chimneys with the green Livery made them look extra special.

The Nigel Gresley is a magnicent sight but you can't help wonder about the backward mentality of the British rail industry that it should introduce an essentially 19th Century piece of technology in 1937.