telly adverts

Guest scooterboy

18 minutes ago, Chulla said:

Have you all seen the latest moppet commercial. In the back of her dad's car singing to some terrible disco racket while the AA man fixes his car. God Almighty, roll on death - give me a rest!

I agree - it is awful !!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who wants to be identified as a smelly goat ? You must be kidding.

There will be those who identify as a goat, Lizzie.

...... and every household has one black parent.

A good education was wasted on these  so called intelligencia who devised these infantile adverts.

In retrospect, drowning  at birth was the solution !

Apart from the occasional one that is genuinely funny or clever most of them are inane rubbish and more likely to have me avoid the product or the store than buy. The three worst things about ads on TV here are :-

1. Repeating the same ad two or three times in the same break
  2. The increase in volume of some of the ads
  3. On the odd occasion when I see something that I may be interested in they do not tell you the price or where their store is and just refer you to a website - as if.

They have discovered that the more reaction it engenders the more memorable it is - and that's really the whole point.

No doubt about that Brew, but in my case the reaction is never to buy their bloody product ever again.

In many cases the ads are so weird that I actually struggle to work out what it is that they are advertising.

Recording and zapping through the ads works best on the odd occasions when I watch commercial TV

Give it long enough and some witless outfit will give awards to the makers of these purple adverts that most of us think are an insult to your intelligence. Any actor worth their salt would have nothing to do with this rubbish.

Ludicrous !

• 8 months later...

SLIGHTLY !  All their adverts have gay overtones  !

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, radfordred said:

The new MoneySuperMarket advert with the slightly gay action man is brilliant

Love this advert, it always brings a smile when it's on. Much prefer the action man dollies to the Barbies anyway. thumbsup

My least favourite has to be without doubt, the 'Bog Off' adverts now with Pam St Clement. Previously with Jeff Brown. thumbsdown

Definitely Carni. Can't abide that woman !

All part of the process of brainwashing the public in to accepting homosexuality as normal behaviour, the same as Lloyds bank showing a big poster of 2 men ? hugging with the caption "He said yes".

Sickening the lot of it.

• Like 5

Hate the Wayfair furniture advert with Lorraine Kelly . 

I like her generally but that part in the advert where she's doing some exercise with the sweat-band lady and then the final scene where Lorraine is doing some sort of "dad dance" at the bottom of the stairs is cringeworthy.

Can't believe she needs the money that badly .

Looks like she's just been dug up.

The latest load of crap adverts I heard was sommat to do with bingo,some fat bird asking how you gonna bingo or sommat like that

Oh and anything thing with that clown James Corden in

Rog

• Upvote 2