Believe it or not, I've just found a box of more of my old pics, mainly a YHA trip to Derbyshire, but I found this little gem, the last of the many.

scan0007-6.jpg

Taken on the night that the last public trackless tram had arrived at Parliament St depot, about midnight, more of that later, but this was all freshly painted and was all ready to do the last ever run the next day.

I've just scanned some of my newly found pictures:-

scan0009-4.jpg

This is the final terminus at the bottom of Nottingham Road, New Basford.

scan0012-6.jpg

This is the last ever public trolleybus at the terminus waiting to return to Parliament Street for the last time, we had hired another one to follow it home.

scan0008-4.jpg

These are the scenes at Parliament Street depot after the last arrival, 522 was the last public trolley, ours, 521 is parked behind it, the last but one trolleybus to run in Nottingham before the councillors revelled in the glory of the last ride, despite my pal being the grandson of the Lord Mayor, we couldn't get on it.

scan0013-4.jpg

This is 521 that we hired and cleaned ourselves.

Note all the fag adverts, not PC!!

scan0010-5.jpg

scan0011-5.jpg

Waiting at Parliament Street to be towed to the scrapman, does anyone know where they were actually scrapped.

scan0014-3.jpg

This ones for Beefsteak, remembering happy holidays on an earlier thread, this is a Bournemouth Trolleybus being turned on the famous turntable at Christchurch which I believe is still there.

...Waiting at Parliament Street to be towed to the scrapman, does anyone know where they were actually scrapped...

Vaguely recall that, at least some of them, were sent to Vic Berry's in Leicester...

Certainly when I was living in Oadby, in the late 60's, a selection of trolleybuses and buses from around the country were being cut there.

Cheers

Robt P.

• 8 years later...

Don't know where they went, but wish we still had them instead of the s#%t that we have now that's cost a fortune. And that's beside any additional costs that will be incurred!.!