Ever had one of those days?

Thursday on my way to city hosp nipped in a certain shop hyson green to get a headlamp bulb (great shop, always cheap) Yesterday I went to fit it, and found wrong sort! not to worry, quick trip back to swop it, did that, so far so good and thought whilst at it nip in another cheap shop for some paint and silicon sealer, checked first they accepted plastic as no cash on me, so up I goes for it, "sorry, £20 min charge"! so off to find a cash point, try asda, forget it, radford rd like the M1 (traffic at standstill) I know aldi has one, much bumping over road humps later found they don't any more! never mind, whilst here nip in topp tiles for some to fit round new bath, much searching then told "don't do those any more"! so up alfreton rd all way to canning circus, no bank or hole in the wall anywhere! I'll turn round, find the u turn road now closed! so down hill towards town, full scale race riot going on "somewhere", traffic solid police helicopter, cars, sirens, flashing blue lights the lot so turns towards cathedral, stops at derby road junction, and car behind doesn't! screech, bang!!!! gets out, nothing on suzi, but nice "fold" in this renault wing where he hit me, actually I felt sorry for apologetic young man.

xxxx this for a lark thinks I, I'm going home, so up derby rd and on to ring road, looks at watch, great, plenty of time to avoid footie traffic, you've guessed it, early KICK OFF!!!!! so bumper to bumper clifton bridge to A52, finally gets home after 2 hrs and missus in bad mood, "you only said you'd be half an hour" grrrrr! madashell

I had the same problem a few weeks ago in that I wanted some cash to go on Goose Fair and could not find a cash point in the Alfreton Road area. I found that inside the small Co Op, half way down Ilkeston Road (Between Canning Circus and Lenton Blvd)there is a cash machine.

Have they all been pinched? That area has a reputation for ATMs going missing, that last remark has no foundation to it, I was just assuming.

Must admit it is a bit rough about those parts, well it was when I last drove through, lucky to escape without my wheels going missing while waiting for traffic lights changing, come to thinking of it the amber light never lite maybe the bulb had disappeared too…..

We here in damp Sawley by the river Trent and Derwent have only just got an ATM replaced in our local rip off CO-Op, the Co-Op on Draycote road, a gang of thieves took a fancy to it and from what I had read several others up and down the country too.

The replacement only happened when a sign patron from residents was forwarded to whomever it was who sorts these things out.

The delay I reckon was caused by the fear of it being fork lifted out once again by the same people, the thieves I believe are now behind bars.

The cardboard cut out of the seven-foot copper in day glow jacket just inside of entrance never got touched thank god, fat lot of use he was…….

Bip out here enjoying what little freedom he has left.