P.C. gone daft again

My daughter just asked me to play "Happy Teacher" with her.

"That's a new one" says I. She then goes on to tell me how to play this 'new' game. It involves putting dashes on a piece of paper to represent missing letters then I guess a letter , if it's in the word it goes on a dash, if not I get an ear or head or an eye etc drawn on the paper, I finally suss out that we're playing 'Hang man for the two thousands!!!!

She's only been told that hang man is not a nice game as it encouraged capital punishment!!!!

I forgot to mention that if you lose it results in a smiley face ie Head , two ears , nose , smiling mouth and hair !!

Hence 'Happy teacher'

The newish one that gets me ( and i'm NOT being racist )....is during a power cut we have a 'BROWNout' now.......hang on tho.. when its bl00dy dark its BLACK...and most 'black' people ive met and seen are 'BROWN' in colour.

confusin eh ??

Dunno about over there, but here a "blackout" and a "brownout" are very different beasts. A blackout is when all power is lost, but a brownout is when the voltage is significantly reduced which causes lights to turn brown! Brownouts typically don't last long - but they can have very odd effects on things like computers and TVs!

• 5 years later...

Seriously speaking, I was always brought up to refer to Black people as Coloured people.

Not now, one of Mrs Catfan's mates threatened to rip my arm out of it's socket.

We are Black she said, NOT Coloured. Refer to us as BLACK !

I stand corrected !

It pees me off that things we classed as normal are now hijacked by weirdos to represent something completely different.

II made me gay opening my Christmas pressies or having a few beers on my birthday. Not now.

The rainbow has been hijacked as a gay symbol. I used to consider myself a rainbow chaser, always after my ultimate goal. Not now by God.

• Upvote 2

Asians don't like to be referred to as black. There was always conflict between blacks and Asians when I was at work.

I consider anyone with a suntan in winter to be coloured !!!!!!

You are right, catfan. I can see nothing wrong or politically incorrect with the term 'coloured'. They are not black - Nubians are black (they are as black as the fire back). I suppose their resentment come from the notices that used to be displayed in windows - NO COLOUREDS.

As for the term gay for homosexual; such people have bastardised a lovely word. Gay used to have the connotation of a very happy, carefree young lady. Girls' first-names were Gay, and it is still, of course, a surname. Every single time the word gay is uttered now it brings to mind homosexuals, or as some would have it, brown-hatters and shirt-lifters.

• Upvote 2

In the sixties 'black' was a no no...'coloured' was considered acceptable...until The South African Government decided that black was for Negroes and 'coloured' was for the Asian races.More than ever seperating the races for their ideology.

Not wishing to be associated with apartheit the rest of the world decided that 'coloured' was no longer an appropriate word.

My youngest grandchild says they sometimes sing different words to Baa baa black sheep at Nursery ( although they still sing the original as well) so I think that it's just a jokey thing...

Baa baa pink sheep have you any spots?

Yes sir, yes sir, lots and lots

One for the master and one for the dame

And one for the little girl who lives down the lane

• Upvote 1

Re # 23. Knowing the PC mobs habits, the spots are probably aids.