I just copied your address that you had up there from the 'Http' bit to the end where it said '.jpg'....put that in my address bar of a new window and your pic came up....then i just 'right' clicked on it ..hit 'copy'...came back here and 'pasted' it into my reply box.....so its your pic just without all the rammel that came up on your link.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some are pretty, some are ugly, some are pretty ugly.

Never liked having me picture taken at school     Rog

They're all beautiful in someone's eyes.

Posted Images

You do not have to click on the Image icon to post the bottom image address from photobucket.

It already contains the ['IMG'] and ['/IMG'] embedding codes

Just cut and paste it from photobucket straight into your post..

All the Image button does is add that those codes to an exact image address line, to tell the forum to show an image from that address.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone my name is Trevor(Pearson house) from Atlas Terrace the meadows and I'am in Michael's (Bosworth house)photo and I.m on the front row direct in front of Michael.Have been in Bunbury W.A. since 1970 apart from coming back and running the "Honeycoombe Cafe " West end arcade IN 79/80 but thats another story.

Thanks Mike and Micheal, I'am sure Micheal would know my name is Millington,I have followed this site for a couple of years before joining and hope to add to the memoirs over the next few years(god willing) from afar although we will be back in June for a few weeks going around the UK..

It's good to know that you're ok Trevor after all these years. I went to a Forest game with my sons and for some reason decided to go through the turnstile on the far right of the main office. I could have gone through one nearer but didn't. As I went to hand my ticket over the man said "Michael Booth" and I recognised him straight away as David Humphries. Can you remember him?. Why did I choose that turnstile?. Strange, isn't it. I'm writing my life story and would appreciate any memories of our time at Trent Bridge, good or bad. I'm also trying to remember our teachers. The ones I can remember are, Mr. Walker - English?, Piggy Roberts - Woodwork, Mr Webb - Tech. Drawing?, Mr. Humphries - ?, Mr. Green - Headmaster, Joe Currah - French, Colin Acklam - P.E; and Pop Williams - Music. If you can remember any more or fill in the blanks for me, I'd appreciate it.

After Mr Walker (treen on bonk) you had Mr Medley(Moonfleet)Humphries took over as headmaster when Green went to Ellis(thank god)Mr Moss science followed by Chalkley a Mr Horton was there at the start I think .the ,how about Jock Anderson good at grabbing you by the side of the ears,chap we called :"lawman" as he looked like T.V. charcter,young chap Mr Holden (met him living in w/bridg when I was there.I was in metalwork can't remember his name but did not want Piggy so metal it was.Lets see if you remember this --Cricket Bos v Pear at the Bullring you giving me stick for cutting ball thru slips did it 3 times B4 you filled hole from leg slip so I then put ball thru ex leg slip C.Acklam(your housemaster) laughed his head off while umpiring..By the way you won the game...Wil think on and send more via friendsre**********

Yes know David very well have been writting to him but not heard from him for about a year,as you see onsite photo's I have filled in quite a few names as I remember them (about to add Alan Spencer)have to keep the brain going....

• Upvote 1

When I attended 63-68 Piggy Roberts was Woodwork, Humphries was Maths, dont remember him being Headmaster.

"Bill" 'Pot Leg' Baines was the Headmaster. He would lean forward on his good leg sticking his bad one out behind him

for balance, pull his glasses down his nose and stare over the top of them at any miscreants in the playground.

I saw him doing the same whilst staring at the roof one Monday morning. Over the weekend someone had painted large

white letter 'Bill is a Bastard' :)

A late member here did say she knew who did it, but we never got it out of her.

(RIP Caz, Gone 1 year, we miss you) :(

Trevorthegasman, thanks for your post. What lessons did Mr. Walker, Humphries, and Medley take. Was there four House's, Bosworth, Pear and ?. When you mention the 'Bullring, is that another name for Trent Pool?. I was made House Captain in my last year at Trent Bridge and I can remember having to make my first report to the whole school in Assembly. I was so nervous it's a wonder they didn't hear my knees knocking in the Meadow Boys Club...lol

I am Sure Mr. Medley would have had you readin Moonfleet,

and would have sold you an Osmeroid pen to do your writing.

He taught me English.

There is a school photo on here somewhere taken with Mr.Medley on it.

C,mon Michael lift your game, Bosworth (green) Lake (blue) Laws (yellow) Pearson(red) Walker/Medley english Humphries maths.No bullring was at side of the paddling pool on the embankment so called because it had a small fence around it.Yes Mick you are spot on and got the pen he also had a tear in his eyes as he talked about the Dorset coastline being the pebble beach and the sound of the sea rolling in and out,not a bad teacher though very fair as was Humphries,Webb was funny went overseas with him a few times and he was also in the scouts(keen on clean shoes had a cleaning kit you had to use) but he could lay it on a bit thick but it was how they were brought up so it was the norm,heard he died a bit prem...Sorry must start using para's..

I think the book was based on fact. I have been to Dorset, but never looked up any of the stuff.

Perhaps now I am retired, might visit again? Yes Medley was a firm but fair teacher.

As was Webby, he lived by the Trent in the Holme Road area of WB..

I did not know he died young, what happened to him?.

You have a good memory of the school Trevor.

Yes Mike I'am not bad as I can focus back and bring the memories back ,living so far away might help.

Let me give you all a tip my retired doctor gave me, folic acid tablet 5mg a day helps.

Mike think I read he died prem on friendsre not sure(takes another tablet)

ADVENTURE NOW DEMENTIA LATER...

trevorthegasman, thanks for the info. You have a very good memory which I'm thankful for because I don't. I can remember stuff from 4A but hardly anything from my first three years there. I can remember my Mum trying to get me to cross London Road on my first day at Arkwright School as I cried my eyes out but nothing else. What were those tablets called again....lol

if your in nottingham june jully let us all know when and we can try arrange a meet up and you can come and joins us we dont need much of an excuse fore a meet welcome by the way trevor