• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some are pretty, some are ugly, some are pretty ugly.

Never liked having me picture taken at school     Rog

They're all beautiful in someone's eyes.

Posted Images

Only in Nottingham july23- 29th going around europe and around south coast before, really looking forward to this trip staying in holiday bungalows etc and in "The Little Barn "Wysall just round the corner from the" Plough "when home..

• 9 months later...

Thinking about teachers, do you remember Mr Chambers the English teacher? He could write on the balckboard and keep an eye on the class at the same time as he was squint eyed. Remember him pulling someone out from the class who had to put their hands on the cross bar of the blackboard and while he swished hos cane put his hand in his pocket, pulled out a coin, flicked and said Heads or Tail, whoever it was was lucky and sat back down again.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember mr spungin he was a fine example of a teacher at that time.. he caned me everyday for not wearing my glasses national health specials. he also gave me plastic tokens for the bus fare to fetch packs of cigarettes whitch he sold to other teachers.needless to say igrew up to be a shortsighted agressive chainsmoker.The wonders of a working class education.

I was there from 1955 until 1959. Maybe my name rings a bell because my infamy lived on...lol

Did you have an elder brother because I think there was a Charlesworth in my class?. If you did, see if he is on either of the photos I posted, #25 and #29.

MB dont recognise anyone perhaps the otherside of my family was there then the Crofts ann johny joan val thinking about it most of t t hem are to old. ,denshaw idid not work for GPO lots of other places but not GPO MICK TO ME I AM SURE YOU WHERE at trent bridge when i was because i was there when a M paintedremarks on school roof you are probably same age has our david dont knowmartin charlesworth. ...

Jimmy carrier was in my class I remember jb simons caning him for mixing all the poster paints together in those big square tins with the round lids :) 2m2 I think?

This is the only photo I have at the senior school, I think it's the first year 1964 and the teacher is Mr Varney? I've gone up in the world in this photo I'm in the middle row first on the left

Top row 4th from left on the foto of this post #7, a falconbridge?

Ahh yes it's coming back to me now. Top row 3rd from right ? Jackson.

Pic # 6: 1st row 3rd from left, I think that's me. I remember some of the others there: Roy Bakewell, Mick Woodward (RIP, went to his funeral in feb,) Terry lester, if I think of any others I'll post..

Mick to me yep that looks like george i recognise acouple of faces on the back row is one a tunnicliffe think he was mates with our dave rememberyour facefrom around school . having older relatives that looked out for you meant no rack or beatings from older kids

• 5 months later...

Just read that Mick Woodward has died, was good friends with him at school, remember him saying he was adopted. What happened ? Would be good to know how he got on in life? I also remember Stephen Colston and Raymond Stevens and his brothers

Just read that Mick Woodward has died, was good friends with him at school, remember him saying he was adopted. What happened ? Would be good to know how he got on in life? I also remember Stephen Colston and Raymond Stevens and his brothers

Sending you a PM Roy..

• 1 year later...

There is a very good sketch of spungin on here somewhere.?

When I was at Hucknall pit I did a day release & night school mining craft course at Arnold & Carlton tech College: Mr Spungin was a part time lecturer there & he remembered me from Trent Bridge, can't for the life of me remember what subject he taught. At least he didn't cane me at the tech college..