Bit handy at using the cane at TB wasn't they? I moved to Beardall Street school in Hucknall for the last few months of school, on the last day there I got caned for pressing the electricity emergency cut off button in woodwork, the Teacher (Buffer White) caught me in the act, lol.. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some are pretty, some are ugly, some are pretty ugly.

Never liked having me picture taken at school     Rog

They're all beautiful in someone's eyes.

Posted Images

Don't know about you colly but I got immune ,with all the different teachers being came happy,it became part of my everyday schooling,never ever showing any pain you might feel,my man did spot wheel marks on my legs once ,that really did scare me in case me dad found out,.and thought I'd done summit to deserve it.

• Upvote 1

I used to try & look nonchalant when I got caned in front of the class, the girls looked horrified but it seemed to give me kudos. One girl (Katherine I think her name was, very pretty) even called me brave & hugged & kissed me, that was worth the cane, lol..

• Upvote 1

I have a school photo of all the senior boys at William Crane in 1951 - 400 of them!. The problem is that if I put it on this thread the faces will be too small to recognise. Is there a way of increasing the on-screen image size?

I remember Mr spungin, he used to teach us religious instruction, remember one day one of the Mullins lads who was in our class , fighting with spungin at the front of the class! We were all cheering him on.he was expelled for a short while for that

I think this is the first year at Junior school in 1961. I'm the one on the front row at the extreme left.

I remember a few names , left to right on back row is 4th along I think is David Elliott, 6 George falconbridge, 7 is john Hammond. Mid row, 4th along, Josephine ? 8, Mick allccock , 9, peter Hannah, 10, me! Larry rigley.I also remember you Roy.
  • Upvote 1

Mullins weren't hard just very boisterous ,I remember lorries pulling up on Derwent st circus lorries I think,then all us kids swarming them throwing box after box of, wrigleys chewing gum,I think every kid on Derwent st willersley and Blackstone st had a box of him can you remember hat colly .

Lazza what was your surname.

my name is Larry rigley and lived at 28 Kirkby st .I remember the Charlsworth surname but can't put a face to it.most of my mates lived on bunbury st. Mick allcock, Garry Clifford, jimmy carrier, peter Hannah, and David Elliott, although he didn't live on Bunbury st

Lazza George falconbridge and Jimmy carrier were my cousins,I lived near the poets on Willersley st

My dad's mate was a Sid Wrigley was he any relation to you,

Lazza you are probably our Dave's age he knocked about with Ralph reed and Mick burns,.

• 9 months later...

The pictures of the Nativity play in #2 & 3 remind me of a play we performed at the Juniors about 63/64. It was about a boy who got lost at an airport and kids from various years were in the cast. The guest of honour was Sir Learie Constantine, the West Indian cricketer. Quite an imposing chap as I remember.

• 1 month later...

Hi Michael - I was at Trent Bridge until 1958 so was a year ahead - Peter

Hi Michael - I was at Trent Bridge until 1958 so was a year ahead - Peter

In a reply like this, it's best if you mention the post number you are referring to, otherwise it might be difficult for people to know who and what you are talking about, especially if it is a post from a while back.

The post number is on the far right of your screen.

posts.jpg

Hi Michael #58

I was at Trent bridge 1955 - 58 so was a year ahead of you - Peter