What did you get for Xmas ?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brain is scrambled just looking at the various items that need setting up. Just managed to set up my new mini iPad to replace the new one I had for my birthday in September and then lost / or had

another year with the most beautiful of women, (and the wife), no i mean the wife, best present for christmas, birds singing, sun coming out, wife singing in the kitchen, nice glass of (lemonade), mar

Well, boy am I going to smell sweet for the next few months. I'll have to have a shower twice a day for a month to use all my prezzies up. Roses, Lily of the Valley, Lavender; Sweet Pea! You name it a

Peter Kay video collection, Peter Kay book, kids magic set!!!! 2 other books , 2 pairs of socks, a Madness greatest hits DVD, a pair of Santa Clause boxer shorts (Yeh ,Like they are going to get worn!!) and a box of jelly sweets.

jumping.gif

Merry Christmas

The kids all clubbed together and got us a Wii, plus all the handsets for all the different sports. Should keep us out of mischief for a while. Thank goodness our grandson is here for another week, he can show us the ropes. Let's hope you can teach old dogs new tricks.

Morning all, it's like a madhouse here this morning, my son's asleep in the living room on the bed settee with an RAF flag hanging on the glass door as a curtain, mothers having breakfast in bed with two Jack Russells in bed with her, I've just had a bollocking because I can't stop singing the song 'The Sun is in the Sky, oh why oh why......' as featured on the brilliant Royle Family last night.

Pressies, lots of welcome money, loads of books including a photo collection of Nottingham in the 60's and 70's which you will no doubt see more of later, the inevitable socks that are the wrong size, some really classic bottles of wine and something I've always wanted, a wind up clockwork radio.

For all of you short of supplies by the way, I gather that the Co-op corner shops are open today.

Have fun.

• Upvote 1

The kids all clubbed together and got us a Wii, plus all the handsets for all the different sports. Should keep us out of mischief for a while. Thank goodness our grandson is here for another week, he can show us the ropes. Let's hope you can teach old dogs new tricks.

So people actually use these things then, we've been subjected to a Christmas advertising campaign featuring Ant and Dec, and every rich celebrity going for weeks that has us rolling about in hysterics, images of so called focused eejits waving their arms about in front of the telly instead of getting off their backsides and doing the thing for real, oh and clearly, you need a living room the size of a hangar to do this as well as a massive HD telly, just the sort of thing that the average British households clearly don't possess. Matrix, here we come.

I bet it's in the bin in a few weeks, hopefully. Sorry, but it's the naffest thing I've ever seen, what does anyone else think.

Incidentally, our George wanted a new Hi-Fi for his bedroom, Grandad sorted it out for us for Xmas. This thing was a bargain buy, it's great, a Sony, unfortunately 600 watts of music power, probably massively more than Led Zeppelin provided at the Boat Club, I've noticed the cracks in the walls already.

With a couple of feet of snow on the ground there's not a lot of chance of us playing the actual games for real. It's no different to spending hours watching the telly, we're actually getting some exercise, Mr Grinch.

Sorry, but it's the naffest thing I've ever seen, what does anyone else think.

I think it is preety cool that they are using them in hospitals for physical therapy and that, by using one, my friend is recovering from a horrendous motorcycle accident in record time. If that is naff, then bring it on!

Wish we had one - it is hard to get out when the temperature is minus 10 FARENHEIT!

Clearly an American thing then, the sight of celebs, holding plastic things and waving their arms about in front of their cinema sized TV's, trying to be sincere in order to earn their large advertising fee is one of the best bits of comedy TV I've ever seen. Using this crap in hospitals is a good way of avoiding having to pay trained human beings and remove the patient/therapist relationship no doubt.

Anyway lets forget all that, each to his own.

This is the cover of that Nottingham book, anyone seen it, some very sad pictures in it of Drury Hill being demolished, I'll scan some of the pics in when I have time.

scan0052-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Have you ever tried one Firbeck or are you letting your imagination run away with you again............????

No on second thoughts don't answer that , cause you're bound to be related to the Nintendo company in some way shape or form .

I have tried one and found it to be a fantastic piece of kit , and an excellent way of keeping / getting fit whilst enjoying your self in to the bargain.

It's safe, (Compared to a lot of other sports) and can be done in the comfort of ones own living room , and when you've done your session it's easily packed away and the kettle can come out quicker .....LOL

I got me mum home from the hospital in time for Christmas, a flashgun for me camera, and plenty of sweeties... thank goodness the kids still have and play with their wii... we have some new games for me to make an eejit of myself with this year

It's safe, (Compared to a lot of other sports) and can be done in the comfort of ones own living room , and when you've done your session it's easily packed away and the kettle can come out quicker .....LOL

Clearly of promotional value to Health and Safety then, let's forget doing things for real then and curl up in the Matrix, it's much safer.

I shall look forward to seeing how your Wee inspired living room running programme helps you in the London Marathon next year.

I mustn't forget to add that the first time I used one (I can't believe it was two years ago now ) I was round my mates house for a boxing day drink, we started on the tennis and as I took a stroke , I accidently let go of the handset thing (Wasn't wearing the safety strap) and nearly took his head off as it dissapeared behind the Christmas tree !!!

I forgot to add to the present tally. We went to the inlaws for boxing day, and I got , tickets for RIAT 2010, a bottle of Courvoisier, a case of fine wines and two books (One of which I already had!!)

We're off over to my mums in a bit for another Christmas with that side of my family !!!

Mi lad sent Mary and me a fancy "All-in-one" remote control fa t' TV, DVD, sound system, etc. Y'ave ta ook it up t' P.C. t' program bleddy thing, but even then it don't wok reet! Spent an ahr ont' phone wi some lass frum who knows where tryin te figger it aht but no luck! S'posed to call mi back wi th'answer - but nowt yet!

Ave just adda nice fob (Pocket) watch frum me mam , we the Dambustus crest onnit. A book on X-Planes and a Mag lite from ar kid bruvver.

(An av still got me Sis termorah)

• Upvote 1

Grab one of the local kids, the younger the better, and he'll sort it out in no time! Our grandson just does things we have to really think about, it comes naturally to the young, I've decided.

That'd be me lad, Kath, but 'e lives in New 'ampsha!

• 4 years later...