St Ann's BOARD SCHOOL

Wondering if anyone out there also went to St Ann's Board School., I was there 1949 - 1954 or thereabouts. Mr Salt was the headmaster, and Miss Brown one of the senior teachers. Also Mr Clarke.

I believe the design of the building was based on that of a boat, and was built around 1900. It disappeared in the clearances in the 1970's

Mavis I attended the Blue Bell Hill school until 1951. As this is fairly close to your school I wonder if the Mr. Clarke you mentioned may have transferred as the 2 schools were fairly close. Which area did you live in,and where are you in Australia?

Mavis I attended the Blue Bell Hill school until 1951. As this is fairly close to your school I wonder if the Mr. Clarke you mentioned may have transferred as the 2 schools were fairly close. Which area did you live in,and where are you in Australia?

It could well be the same Mr Clarke. He was a nice teacher. I recall him making up stories for us about a talking white dog, and teaching music - percussion.

I lived on St Anns Well Rd opposite Westminster Street - not far from the school which was on the corner of Duncombe St and St Anns

I am now living in the hills outside of Perth Western Australia

Photo of school and map of area attached.post-1399-126205487909_thumb.jpgpost-1399-126205489423_thumb.jpg

I seem to remember Mr Clarke -seemed very young even for a teacher,I wondered if he had just come out of the forces when I knew him. I have a form prize he gave me for passing the scholarship exam to Mundella. (the only one out of 150 in my year!-does not say much for the standards ,or does it with kids just spelling their names correctly on the exam papers to be given A** today). I often travel through Perth -it is the cheapest route to Singapore( (got a $38 fare instead of $600 earlier this year,but Perth is such a huge distance from everywhere,but a magnificent city). (I am always impressed by the belltower and the bells sent over from London to complete it.) If you happen to have any photos of Clarke would be pleased to see them.