How Much Is Your House Worth?

Hi Dicko

Any luck with selling your house?? we havent had anyone to look at ours either,only just put it back on the market though. Just heard that apart from USA, Australia is the next most expensive country to buy a house :(

• 4 months later...
Hi Dicko

Any luck with selling your house?? we havent had anyone to look at ours either,only just put it back on the market though. Just heard that apart from USA, Australia is the next most expensive country to buy a house :(

Thats a rash statement Caz!!! For $35,000 you can buy a house around here. In Beverly Hills California try a cool couple of million. In New York City an apartment will knock you back a few hundred thousand.

I can go out and buy a fairly new house on a couple of hundred acres, barn, outbuildings etc for $180,000 around here. Translated into pounds, that would be around 280,000 pounds, give or take a few. Now what would that buy in the UK??? A little cramped terraced house in north London, if your lucky, then the annual rates will be a fortune too!!!

My annual taxes, (rates) on 80 acres are $54 a year!!! yep $54.... And no noisy troublesome neighbours either.

Land prices when we arrived down here six years back were from $600 to $1000 an acre. now they are $1500 to $2000 an acre.

BUT, there are no planning permits or permission required to build whatever you want, as long as you are outside city limits and on five or more acres, thats for Arkansas too!

Check out my wifes webpage for prices of properties locally that she has listed.

My Webpage

Who would want to live in a small terrace house in London? certainly not me.

I live in a three bedroomed semi with a garden and fields as far as the eye can see. I don't give a monkey's how much it is worth or if comes up to my neighbours expectations, it suits us down to the ground.

A Shock

post-44-1124912360_thumb.jpg

I'll have to get some piccies up here Anne. I'm about half way down this piece of land, around a quarter of a mile down from the boundery fence and around another quarter mile from there to the road. I'm surrounded by fields and trees.

My water is pure, straight out of the ground from 500 feet down, constant temperature winter and summer, around 50F, clear as a bell, and filtered by the Ozark limestone beds, which are many hundreds of feet thick.

Just heard that apart from USA, Australia is the next most expensive country to buy a house :( [/b]

Thats a rash statement Caz!!! For $35,000 you can buy a house around here.

I heard that on the TV don't know if it's gospel Ayup.

As you know we can get a lot for our money over here in Oz too. As alway's it's the area & info structure which makes it more pricey. My house is on the market for $525.000.00 AUD,& at present there are people interested in it, though we will have to drop our price a little. Bright is growing in popularity rapidly & is very sought after for people who want a more relaxed lifestyle. It sounds very much like the area you live in Ayup, & I would imagine you would know how similar it is as I know you are familiar with this area.

BIP I would get your house revalued, you could be sitting on a fortune yahoo

Just heard that apart from USA, Australia is the next most expensive country to buy a house :( [/b]

Thats a rash statement Caz!!! For $35,000 you can buy a house around here.

I heard that on the TV don't know if it's gospel Ayup.

As you know we can get a lot for our money over here in Oz too. As alway's it's the area & info structure which makes it more pricey. My house is on the market for $525.000.00 AUD,& at present there are people interested in it, though we will have to drop our price a little. Bright is growing in popularity rapidly & is very sought after for people who want a more relaxed lifestyle. It sounds very much like the area you live in Ayup, & I would imagine you would know how similar it is as I know you are familiar with this area.

BIP I would get your house revalued, you could be sitting on a fortune yahoo

Wow Caz, didn't know property was that expensive in the Bright area!!!

Anyone check out the listing prices on my wifes site yet????

Caz, the prices they probably gave on the TV were from selected cities, usually New York, LA and such, where land prices are astronomical.

There are many places over here where house prices are nominal, but as luck would have it, peeps don't want to live in those areas, making it cheaper for us and keeping the riff raff out... ;);)

We have extremely low crime rates around here, so low in fact, few, if any folks lock their doors when the go out or go to bed at night.

• 10 years later...