Hello From The Vale

Bet you can't guess where I live?

Grew up in Chilwell, Mams from Stabbo and me Dads from Ilson. Left home at 18 and lived in Dunkirk then Mapperly and St Annes. Ended up marrying a yokel from The Vale and moved to the sticks.

It's nice enough though. Had a wander around the lanes this morning and took a few picies. This is my lovely assistant :rolleyes:

756395461_cWQ3w-L.jpg

Ayup Whatton - welcome from this side of the pond! Nice photo - I think if I tried to take a piccy outside today, the pixels would freeze off (it made it all the way up to -6C today)!

Ayup Whatton , your area was my happy hunting ground for a long, long while , I used to drink and play pool for The Windmill at Redmile. Regular 'bat rounds' were had in the area , many happy memories too. (Including the time we took the concrete Goose off of somebodies thatched roof and took it on a pub crawl with us !!!!

(You had to be there)

Welcome from another NG13/01949 resident, freezing in the bigger 'village' up the road...

How's Tony Richmond? Surely not still footballing, or even window cleaning!

Beware the Ides of Payling...

Cheers

Robt P.

Welcome from another NG13/01949 resident, freezing in the bigger 'village' up the road...

How's Tony Richmond? Surely not still footballing, or even window cleaning!

Beware the Ides of Payling...

Cheers

Robt P.

Big T is still doing the windows but not seen on the football pitch any more.

As to The Ides of Payling, I just miss his home made sausages since he closed his butchers shop.

• 2 months later...

Ayup Whatton , your area was my happy hunting ground for a long, long while , I used to drink and play pool for The Windmill at Redmile. Regular 'bat rounds' were had in the area , many happy memories too.

Not sure when you were last in the Windmill, Beefy? I reckon you'd notice a big change nowadays. A very nice pub but quite expensive for both drinks and food. Love Redmile (and it's two pubs) though and am often to be found walking around that way. I was told by the landlady at 'The Bull' in Bottesford, which Stan Laurel's sister, Olga, once owned, that Stan and Ollie had a little holiday home in Redmile back in the day.