A few images of mine

Hi Newbie here,

I went to a meeting and took some photos along the way - http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=9961035&page=1

There are a few additional ones from earlier mixed in, but I can't sort them. If you see any mistakes in the descriptions, please make them known.

Regards, Dave - http://www.geograph.org.uk/profile/4330

• Like 1

Very good - thank you! I am amazed - the platform at Midland Station is exactly as I remember it - and I haven't set foot on it in almost 40 years!

Thank you.

My interest in Nottingham stems from the fact that my grandparents lived at Linby and they took me there from time to time. I went there on school holidays from 1945 onwards. My grandfather was a signalman and worked the GN signal box at Linby Colliery and one at Newstead. They lived in one of the railway cottages on Church Lane, Linby.

This just happened to be a visit arranged by members of Geograph.

That Geograph website could become pretty addictive too!

A vast amount of the 1km x 1km grid squares have now been photographed in the British Isles. Some grid squares have 100s of photographs attached. The one including Lincoln Cathedral (SK9771) has 1,311. The square covering Nottingham railway station (SK5739) has 560. Ireland is the least covered.

I got 'lost' in the whole Geograph website , totally facinating. Thanks for sharing

Thanks loppylugs. It's well worth joining the site to get the full benefit of it. You don't have to contribute anything, but you do get to see everything, being a member.

BTW, I like your sig :-)

Thanks.

BTW. I should have said welcome to the site. So here it is if a bit belatedly. Welcome!

I have really enjoyed Nottstalgia. Great folks and some really interesting memories.

Sig. is based on my Black Labs thoughts. He's always barking at me but I'm so dense I just don't speak Dog! ;)

I intend to sign up. Well worth it I'm sure.

Just going off subject here Loppylugs, but have you read the novel The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein? You will look at your dog in a different light after reading it. Wonderful book narrated by the dog.

Just going off subject here Loppylugs, but have you read the novel The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein? You will look at your dog in a different light after reading it. Wonderful book narrated by the dog.

My wife works PT at the library. I'll see if I can get it. I would like to read it.

Sorry !!! Back to topic.

Hi Escafeld,

It's good to have some new blood on here, especially one who has such smashing pictures to share. Keep up the good work.

Kath