Mars and the Moon tonight

I'll assume everyone with a camera will be out tonight to try and get a pic of this....it says it'll be best seen around 9 tonight where Mars and the full Moon will be visible side by side.....looked out last night around 9 and couldn't even see the Moon....too cloudy so i suppose tonight will be the same and we'll miss it.

I did see this news this morning, but it was really cloudy round here, and I thought it best not to bother anybody as these things have a habit of not happening (Weather wise) , but it has perked up a bit so all being well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Yet so vain is man, and so blinded by his vanity, that no writer up to the very end of the nineteenth century, expressed any idea that intelligent life might have developed there far, or indeed at all, beyond its earthly level. Nor was it generally understood that since Mars is older than our earth, with scarcely a quarter of the superficial area, and remoter from the sun, it necessarily follows that it is not only more distant from life's beginning but nearer its end.'

H.G.Wells.

yea we've been looking, bit of an anti climax, that said I didn't know what to expect! best excitement we've have lately is seeing for first ever time (though seen every weekend since then) these chinese lantern thingybobs can understand why people report ufo's!

Amazing over here - crystal clear all night - so both moon and Mars clearly visible from about 9:00pm last night to 6:00am this morning! Sorry, no pictures!