fox on parliment sreet

Ayup and welcome back dez. Which one was the Fox??

ay up beefy i'v been very ill not bad noW Big C THE FOX IS NOW NUMBER 10 ACROSS FROM CO-OP BUILDING AND DOWN ABIT TOWARDS TAVERN IN TOWN,THANKS FOR WELCOME BACK.

I'm really sorry to hear about that matey, I hope all goes well in the future.

When it was the Fox I did go in there a bit , a nice quiet pint of Home Bitter , on a Saturday lunch on the way to the match (Either there or in the Prince John down by the Broad Marsh bus depot) or (in latter years) I used to go in for the quiz on a Tuesday night, with Larry Lloyd (of all people , mind you he was the landlord of the Stage door at the time, and I was team captain , (We even one it a couple of times !!) I can't remember whether this was before or after it became Number 10.

thanks beefy things are looking really good surgeon amazed at my recovery. anyway not very quiet ona saturday or friday night like yousay adecent pint of home ales do you remember if the landlord was called gorden

Don't know about the pub - but am familiar with the "BIG C" - will be clear six years in July! Not a pleasant experience, and not one I would recommend! Good luck Dez - and the rest of you - get the tests done, they are much more pleasant than the alternative!

Don't know about the pub - but am familiar with the "BIG C" - will be clear six years in July! Not a pleasant experience, and not one I would recommend! Good luck Dez - and the rest of you - get the tests done, they are much more pleasant than the alternative!

thanks limey quiet right about the tests,cheers dez.

thats ok beefy i'v remembered his name was gordon and his wife's name was barbara and they employed a gay barman called dave areal funny guy AND A GIRL CALLED linda.funny how how you remember when you try. oh and another called renata, i think her sister worked their as well.

i used to drink in the fox on parliment street in the 70's anyone have names or memories.

I used to go in the fox at weekends 1970-1971, mainly in the big room at the back. I can't remember the landlord but I remember the landlady getting edgy when I was in there at over 9 months pregnant.

hi carol,was she a small woman with glass's,in that room did they have adisco with a girl dj called roz, i started drinking in the fox in 1972 i remember that back room with very fond memorie's, cheers dez.

"I can see his face but i can't for the life of me remember his name"

Reminds me of that joke re Quasimodo, gist of it was he fell off the bell and broke both arms but then carried on headbutting , when he again fell off and was killed, as he lay on the road someone asked if anyone knew him, to which the classic reply came "I don't know his name but his face rings a bell!" (sorry)

Seems The Fox an "in place" in the 1940's too, have a letter from me dad in Malta to my aunt asking if she still went in there? (no doubt with the yanks)

hi carol,was she a small woman with glass's,in that room did they have adisco with a girl dj called roz, i started drinking in the fox in 1972 i remember that back room with very fond memorie's, cheers dez.

there definitely wasn't a disco on the nights I was there.

hi carol,when isay a disco it was like people sat round tables listening to music and getting pissed and having a good time, did'nt they have a really small bar in the corner of that room, cheers carol, dez.

hi carol,when isay a disco it was like people sat round tables listening to music and getting pissed and having a good time, did'nt they have a really small bar in the corner of that room, cheers carol, dez.

yes, that was more like it. No-one was dancing!

"I can see his face but i can't for the life of me remember his name"

Reminds me of that joke re Quasimodo, gist of it was he fell off the bell and broke both arms but then carried on headbutting , when he again fell off and was killed, as he lay on the road someone asked if anyone knew him, to which the classic reply came "I don't know his name but his face rings a bell!" (sorry)

Seems The Fox an "in place" in the 1940's too, have a letter from me dad in Malta to my aunt asking if she still went in there? (no doubt with the yanks)

hi ashley, from what i can gather the fox was opened in 1932 so i suppose it was one of the trendy pubs of it's time, cheers dez.