• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking to contact anyone who went to frank wheldon between 71 and 77

Hiya Wendy , I was there for those years too. Did you have Mrs Matthews for Chemistry too by any chance ?? the reason for asking is I was talking to an old mate of mine on Face book the other day and

I don,t if you where there when this boy got drunk during break and he came back to school after lunch and fell off the coal wall he was from the u.a I know that he used to know a girl called rose osb

Hiya Wendy , I was there for those years too. Did you have Mrs Matthews for Chemistry too by any chance ?? the reason for asking is I was talking to an old mate of mine on Face book the other day and she came up in the conversation and before we knew it she actually got in touch after all these years , amazing isn't it !!!

Which house were you in ?? I was in Newstead and Clumber

• Upvote 1

I had Mr bennet for maths little bloke with Ginger hair and a Moustache IMMSC, I remember Hollingsworth too but she did the girls obviously

I don't remember a Tuesday night disco , the only one I recall was on a Saturday.

• 6 months later...

I didn't go to Frank Wheldon school, but my sister did, during the years you mentioned. Well, she would have been 12 in 1971, so I guess we're talking about the same time.

Her name was Julie Hill, ring a bell?

• Upvote 1

Was she a big drama fan, always in the school plays, she won the school raffle for a free trip on the schools skiing trip to Austria, and in the same year as my sister.!!!

No never heard of her!!rotfl.gif

• 7 months later...

Looking to contact anyone who went to frank wheldon between 71 and 77

Hello Wendy,

Yes i was there from around 71 to 77. I went to art college after; Mansfield then Liverpool, lived in North Wales for about 17 years.

Now I'm living in Sri Lanka and making short animation films. It's strange the way life turns out, those school years are all a part of our make up and a big influence. I don't think i actually learnt much at school though, it wasn't a very good school was it?

anyway, best wishes

chris daykin

Ayup Chris, and welcome aboard.

I was there too during that period , leaving in 77. What house were you in? I was in Newstead from 72 till 76 then Clumber for my last year.

• 7 months later...

I went to the wheldon school.. I started there just after it got burnt down.. Anyone got any pics of what the school used to look like? It has its original science block and the cafe was still there but everything else was rebuilt.

...Also, not called frank wheldon or the wheldon school anymore. Its now the 'Carlton accademy', New teachers, rules & uniforms.

i lived on cavendish rd but went to carlton girls school but we always called it cavendish cowsheds .because at that time it was cavendis secondary school and it was nearly all wooded shed like class rooms that looked like cowsheds.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

dont wory kirky sure some one will pop up they usually do nice to get threads restarted again as i said i went to carkton girls but lived on cavendish rd near the news agents our nieghbours kids the marriott clan went there all about your age jimmy janet susan antony mark lyn david i used to baby sit them and take them all on the park on cavo with my nieces and nephews my nieces tracy and kerry wilson also went frank weldon scool.i could often be seen in nice weather with as many as 12 kids going up and down cavendish rd to the park in nice weather

Didn't the Marriots live on the opposite side to the news agents?

And didn't one of them die in a car crash?

Can you remember Fred Dannoon

Can you remember the bird aviary they had at Carlton girls, on the top floor? So many questions!!

It's all coming back to me now!!! Ha ha

marriots lived next door to me same side as parer shop fred denoon lived the other side of us the lad on the other side of the rd who was killed in a car crash i think you mean stephen etches they lived in the house next to the twichell that led to the old gregory rose gardens but would have been housing when you were growing up there were another lot of marriotts who lived next to paper shop who went to frank weldon stephen and david they also had a sister but her name wont come to me bev and joan were there dad and mum . ester and stan lived next to us

I'm sure we had a Johnny Marriot at Gedling school from 60-65 . Quite a "sturdy" lad . Was he part of the same clan .

certainly can remember the aviary at carlton girls school top of the stairs near the main front door of the building not that us girls were allowed to use that very often only if we had been in the changing room and had a bad storm or it had been snowing bad as it was sometimes difficult to get up the hills to get to the doors at the back of the building. in the first year we had to take it in turns ti clean out and feed the budges and finches in the aviary miss huston was the bioligy teacher in charge of them her class room was at the very end of the corrider near the stairs with miss machin maths next to her thencloakroom coathooks and wash basins only in them days all the toilets except staff toilet at the other end of top corridor and further stairs staff kitchen and staff room don that stairway too. four more class rooms on that level too