dont remember many of the names from top cavo but whould proberly know faces

as for cynthia i have not seen her since she was at school so i dont think i would know her if i saw her linda has not changed much so always know her

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking to contact anyone who went to frank wheldon between 71 and 77

Hiya Wendy , I was there for those years too. Did you have Mrs Matthews for Chemistry too by any chance ?? the reason for asking is I was talking to an old mate of mine on Face book the other day and

I don,t if you where there when this boy got drunk during break and he came back to school after lunch and fell off the coal wall he was from the u.a I know that he used to know a girl called rose osb

marriots lived next door to me same side as parer shop fred denoon lived the other side of us the lad on the other side of the rd who was killed in a car crash i think you mean stephen etches they lived in the house next to the twichell that led to the old gregory rose gardens but would have been housing when you were growing up there were another lot of marriotts who lived next to paper shop who went to frank weldon stephen and david they also had a sister but her name wont come to me bev and joan were there dad and mum . ester and stan lived next to us

The girl was Sandra, there was also a lad my age called Andrew. Bev used to have an allotment to the rear of those houses, near my Dads. Cawthorns was the paper shop, they had a lad at our school , Steven?

Opposite Belper avenue, they use to be a little footpath that led to the back of the golf course and on to foxhill , before the golf course was their, they were orchards and fields, have you any idea what we use to call that area? Because it's doing my nut in, haha.

Russia?

Sorry I've been away (Just got back) and was in that much of a rush to catch up that I've skipped a page and answered stuff already answered.

Any road up me duck, would that be Nigel Kirk ?

your right about beves kids beefy as soon as you said sandra i remembered andrew was the youngest.

hope you had a good holiday beefy

Yes it was a nice break , only rained twice , once for three days and once for four ................................. slywink

It was actually pretty good for the first few days then rained on Wednesday followed by a right good 'Spanish thunderstorm' yesterday morning.

I'm fine Nige , you ? What has dragged you to Sheffield ?

Ha ha!!! A, up matey,

I'm good thanks, what dragged me to Sheffield?

Your going to love this one, decided to buy a Narrow boat, spent ages looking for one i liked, finally found one in Sheffield, at the time I was working in Sheffield, decided to move on to the boat, so kept it moored their, so me and the Mrs live on it full time now and have done for about 4years, she also works in Sheffield,

But I'm now working in London? Ha ha, get home every weekend though.

Are you in Chesterfield now? How's things?

Always fancied living on a narrow boat,

I'm in Mid Cheshire, I'll PM you later , I'm just off to bed , long story.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Possibly not much help, i went to frank wheldon, but then called The Wheldon school. i started shortly after the main building was burnt down after attending the gedling school.

Science block was the original, as was the upstairs art classes. Then the canteen was original and the halls + music classes oposit. Had a few teachers that were there from years before, Mr Rosenger being one of them, ill have a think about the other's names.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That should say RUFFORD house by the way. I remember Mr Kirk the caretaker. He sometimes used to chase us off the school grounds. Our house on Cavo road used to back on to the school grounds near the coal wall. Always playing on there from the age of about 5. Some of the other kids I recall from then are Kevin Baldry, David Mee, Paul Limb, Gary Astill and Mark Whittam. Think I knew a lad called Carl Pendrid as well. Also Jimmy and Diane Reynolds. I.am pretty sure that Sue Wilson used to babysit for us . Although the wilsons were older I remember John Henry and Alan going to the Blacks Head when my Grandpa and Grandma ran it

• 4 weeks later...

I knew Mr astil....A good mate of Doggy Hugill, I was in Welbeck, was a good impressionist at the time and went on to do talent shows as I was leaving wheldon, Chris Daykin once did a drawing of me when for a day I spent all the lessons dressed and acting as Frank Spencer, I drenched Miss Lewis with a bunsun burner plugged into a water tap when she asked me to take the class as Frank Spencer. My name is Pete by the way, sister Maureen, bro,s Les and Dave, all Welbeck....

• 2 years later...
On 27/02/2013 at 4:25 AM, Kirky said:

Your right, Stephen etches, that was the guy, his dad use to always stand at the gate smokin.

And as regards the marriots, they were three different families at Frank Wheldon, two of them lived over on valley Road, just up from the Carlton hotel but neither were related

My brother use to hang around with Jimmy on Cavendish road, and Fred, which I found strange at the time, because if I remember, wasn't Fred an Hells Angel as they were called then? And my Brother had a lambretta?

They use to always go to the disco at the forum on a Saturday night, and always end up fighting (not with each other of course haha)

his name was steven Hedges who died, and yes the marriots lived next door to the paper  shop and post office. I lived at 70 cavendish road near Buxton Avenue GARRY MARSDEN

On 11/04/2014 at 4:18 PM, stany said:

hi my name is mick stanfield [ stany ] went to frank wheldon 1970 to 1975 lived on highfield drive. would love to hear from anybody who remembers me?

I LEFT IN 1974 AND WAS IN WOLLATON with Alfred,Arther Russel Dave Poundal Roy Hopewell,Ian Young,Nigel Yellend and the girl of my dreams i never got the courage to ask Linda Shirt

My name is Garry Marsden Lived on cavendish road

• 4 months later...
On 2013-2-28 at 9:24 AM, piggy and babs said:

your right it could be carol and i think dave did go in the army remember all the middleton lads and the fishers, knew ian gee but knew his sister cynthia better she went to cartonle willows gramar schoo and was good friends with linda hill who lived nextdoor but one to us when leslies and i got into going about with the biker lad her mum and dad stopped her palling about with us, funny thing was she got pregnant at 16 and he was biker from netherfiels bob shelton quick quiet wedding they were together till bob died she still lives dunston st i bump into her sometimes she runs the cubs and scouts just like bob and his parents did for many years linda was telling me when she has to retire this year shell be the last of the shelltons at netherfield scouts and cubs as her sons not interested.

I was Lynda Hill.  Most of this is basically true, but with one or two mistakes.  Mum and Dad never stopped me palling about with anyone - I just moved on.  I did go out with Rob Shelton from the age of 14.  I married him at 17 and had my first child at 19.  It was a quick wedding because we found a house to rent !  I did stay married to Rob until he died in 2006.  We moved from Dunstan Street to Bakersfield in 1987.  I was with the Scouts for many years (over 30) until I left in 2014.  Hope this  clarifies some things.