I feel I must impart to the world the wonderful gastronomic delight of onions cooked in the George Forman™ lean mean fat grilling machine!

the smell as they sizzle away, and the anticipation of the eating is sometimes more than one can bare.

and when they are finally heated through and placed between a slice of bread and margarine then there is no finer delicacy that compliaments a cup of tea more than this .. especially one made with semi skimmed milk!

I never realised slimming could be as delicious and exciting as this!.. combined with my daily jog to the beer-off for a packet of crisps and a mars bar, I'm feeling as fit as a fiddle!

ilko..

post-25-1133543584_thumb.png

When you have come down off cloud cuckoo, try this one.

With the very finely sliced onions add to it some very finely sliced mushrooms and when they are cooked and between the slices, a dash of Balsamic vinegar.

That is something to fantasize about.

I can honestly say I am able to cook a three course meal on a GF.

A :P

I don't know about chicken skin sandwiches, my skin has gone a bit like chicken skin, or is it goose flesh?

Why on earth would you want to eat chicken skin in a sandwich?? You are quite right, you live very well in Sawley whether it be uptown or downtown.

Always remember Mick, they cannot touch you for it...

A :P

Any of you guys tried Tofu? if you cook it with snow peas,spring onions,carrots,broccoli,& a bit of garlic, it tastes just like chicken...............yeah like **** it does!! it tastes like Tofu trust me :o

Any of you guys tried Tofu? if you cook it with snow peas,spring onions,carrots,broccoli,& a bit of garlic, it tastes just like chicken...............yeah like **** it does!! it tastes like Tofu trust me 

If I can't have the real thing then I will go without!!

Tofu always looks like yogurt you have left in the 'fridge to go off and then cut it into cubes and tried to disguise it. Not for me, yuk!!!

I don't blame you Caz for thinking it tastes like that, it looks like it to begin with!

A :o

Hey guys you must try this one for summer in the garden, Picnic Pie, sounds yuk but try it hubby loves it, passed down from my grandma.

8oz Ruff puff pastry,

1 LargeOnion finely chopped and fried,

8 oz sausage meat pork of course,

6 oz cheese (mature)

2 tablespoons Tomato Puree

2 tablespoons White Breadcrumbs

1 Egg beaten

Salt/pepper

Milk to glaze

Mix Onions, sausage meat, cheese, tom puree, breadcrumbs, egg and salt and pepper in bowl with hands. Roll out ruff puff pastry into a strip like sausage roll size 14 x 10. fill with above mixture in the centre of the pastry , Dampen the edges to fold in like an envelope with the milk, and bake 35 -40 min on gas mark 200 top shelf. Yummy first one to bake it gets a prize if they dont like it, ya can eat it hot or cold, trust me , i am a medders gel. dicko

Try hot cheese and onion that is good too.

1 onion finely chopped

Strong cheese grated (how much you like you cannot go wrong)

pinch of dry mustard if you have, wet if you haven't

black pepper to taste

Sweat the onion in a pan until it is translucent, add the mustard and cheese, stir until the cheese melts, pepper to taste. Spread it on some fresh crusty bread and enjoy.

It's orgasmic, take my word for it.

A :rolleyes:

Do you add the laxative to it, or take it afterwards :o

Don't think you would need a laxative after all that onion :(

Here's a recipe with spuds that I love. German Potato Pie.

In a greaseproof bowl lay slices of potato cut thinly,interspersed with onion slices, do this until you reach the top of the dish,next a little salt & pepper & pour a large tub of cream over it, not the Lite stuff it's not the same,then sprinkle with strong cheddar cheese & bake in a hot oven until soft,absolutly delicious served with pork fillet or a nice piece of Porterhouse. It's not terribly good for you ,but if you only have it once a month it won't kill you. :unsure:

I bet the men are going doo lally reading this woman stuff, it looks to me like we need a women only segment................what do ya think Gals?? :huh:

:D This site is turning into a Jonny & Fanny good food guide..it makes me sick.. :blink:

Hey you Den, don't you like food?? what's your favourite faggots & peas?? :blink:

How about this one BIP:

1 Shot glass

1 slice of jalapeno pepper

1/2 glass jalapeno juice

1/2 glass tequila

Cures all ails!

Sounds lethal Elaine.

I have a cure all too. It's from a Polish recipe.

You need the juice of a whole lemon

2 teaspoons of honey

hot strong tea

2 aspirins

Mix together including aspirins,drink it whilst hot & watch how it chases away those chills.

• 14 years later...

Eating less food is the sure fire way to go. I see a few fat bastards jogging but they're only fooling themselves. Exercise makes you fitter but eating makes you fatter (I've just coined that!) It's the 'hidden' calories in alcohol that makes you put on weight. Lay off the booze. I can confirm that it works. Having said that, you may be a Methodist minister, in which case I apologise! 

• Like 1

It's not really HOW MUCH food you eat - it's the TYPE of food you eat.  

Unfortunately, the things to avoid are the ones our bodies usually love..... fat and sugar (salt, too, but that's not associated per se with weight gain,unless it's on crisps (fat) or chips (fat) etc

I suppose all you can do is avoid too much cheese, jam, chocolate, cakes, biscuits and puddings etc, unless you have made these yourself and can replace  the sugar ingredient with a sugar substitute or drastically reduce the fat content.  

Grilling rather than than roasting or frying meat is good as well.

Obviously, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables and only put a tiny smear of butter etc on your bread - bread is fine, and spuds are too, providing you don't put fatty sauces or fillings on them (plain jackets are the way to go)

Walking (fairly brisk, not just ambling) or swimming is really good to use up some excess calories, as long as you don't reward yourself with a Mars Bar afterwards!

Sounds a bit depressing, doesn't it.... but it depends whether you want to really lose weight or just dabble for a while...   

Basically, you just need to consume less calories than you are using each day and change the way you look at food for ever!

Don't lose much more than 1kg (2.2lbs) each week as this is just about right, and only weigh yourself once a week at the same time, as weight can fluctuate during the week

All easy to say,of course.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Den, even small changes can help.  Don't let yourself get overwhelmed..... changing food habits takes time.   Some men round here go to Slimming World, some with their wives and some alone.  Early last year, the pastor at our church walked the 3 miles each way  to a local class every week and he has lost about 3 - 4 stone.  He wanted to lose weight because he decided to climb the 3 peaks for a charity.  He did it and said he'd never have made it at his starting weight of c 13 - 14 stone.    I think having a specific goal can help.

His  wife didn't go to the SW classes but joined in with adapting their diet and she, too, lost about a stone and climbed the 3 peaks with him.

• Like 2