Dennis Wise II...

Hearing that Billy Davies is unsettled by the presence of Jim Henson character David Pleat at the City Ground.

Apparently Pleat heads some strange Transfer Acquisition Panel, overseeing player movement in and out - to which Davies is given limited input, but no decision making. Squad strengthening in the recent 'window'...zilch - despite the loss of the only genuine left back on the books, following the Storey recall to Villa and his eventual transfer to Fulham.

Didn't we just know that the arrival of this footballing joke was certain to create problems!

Shades of Wise at Newcastle...

Cheers

Robt P.

despite the loss of the only genuine left back on the books, following the Storey recall to Villa and his eventual transfer to Fulham.

Cheers

Robt P.

What's John Winfield up to these days.

Reckon he is now retired, after many years running his Victoria Centre confectionery/tobacco stall.

Not a bad player in his day...once saw him leave the field, after trying to mark George Best, with 'twisted blood'...

Was rather expecting my Pleat condemnation to produce one of Pete's fusillades!

Cheers

Robt P.

Was rather expecting my Pleat condemnation to produce one of Pete's fusillades!

Cheers

Robt P.

I had no idea that Pleat was involved with the club, what happened, did he go in search of the old transvestite that used to live near the Trent Bridge bus garage and take a wrong turning.

I was always hoping that Pleat would join the board of Greene King so I could have a field day.

LOL...that's more like it !rotfl!

Had the misfortune to see him play...

Can't honestly recall any player, before or since, running in to so many blind alleys, not even Crouch!

His speciality was moving up to defender(s) to ensure he was marked, they didn't even have to 'pick him up'...he was there!

To reinforce the original Davies observation:

"Davies is [also] concerned he is facing a problem in the left back position".

"I am disappointed in the lack of activity (in January), I am disappointed that I have to play a right-footed player, in James Perch, at left back".

"I have a midfield player in Chris Cohen, who I have to persuade to play at left back in the future now," he said".

"And, I'll be honest, I am having a bit of a tough time with it, because the lad is enjoying playing in midfield. I might have to force him to do something he is not keen on".

"It is affecting our passing game, because of having key players missing and in the wrong positions"...EP 08/02/10

Cheers

Robt P..