Hi Mick2me, the other mods and fellow members, glad to see we're back up and running, really missed the old place and was getting withdrawal shakes,lol. We (members) still don't know the real facts or truth about about rumours of threats? etc or in fact the ins and outs of running this site, but worst of all I felt was the fact that when offline there was no way of knowing what was happening, no contact details etc, This isn't a moan re the running of such, having produced a monthly 4 A4 page newletter for a club for a few years pre internet days I know it can be a chore, and I think we all ought to thank you for the effort,time involved etc. Maybe at times we drift away from the Notts and Nostalgia theme and slanging matches happen (guilty as charged!) but in general a great place for all interested in Nottinghamshire (nearly said Notts) it's people and history. Thanks again

Woo hoo, up and running, lets all us old salts band together and keep it so, whatever the reasons, whatever the frictions as a result, there's always been good stuff on here and lets keep it going.

Lets not have any handringing from so called newbies please, prove yourselves to be genuine or bogger off.

Is it me, or is there an echo in here? rotfl.gif

Not quite, we need more commitments here, I'd like to see all bone fide contributors giving their names, whatever, pledging themselves to this site and making it all worth while, things can get argumentative, but thats life, isn't it, nowt wrong with that if it's sincere and genuine, odd turn of phrase, but you now what I mean.

I know what you mean. One also has to learn how to turn the other cheek from time-to-time and remember that your own point of view isn't necessarily that of others - that's what the world is all about!

Yes, I'll be here as long as I am able - it is a great resource for all things Nottingham, and helps me keep connected with my birthplace! I find some of the political views of those back there interesting - especially since they often differ widely from the "for public consumption" news we get over here.

I am also looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible next month!

Even though I seem to be younger than a lot of posters, this site has brought back many happy memories of a mispent youth in dive bars and rock clubs and pubs.

It's great to hear stories about local legends when I was a teen/early twenties. Ronnie one punch, Stu Morris etc

So I definiteley think this site is worthwhile.

Beavis's Post is what this site all about.

Even if you are twenty, or even younger, The City, and life in general

changes, it may take years to notice this, it may take less time.

As we are only too well aware these changes are very often

not for the better. Here we are often reminded of what we lost!

You dont have to be retired to be Nottstalgic!

I'm 42, so not even that young, but Nottingham is a great city, sure it has plenty of downsides, but there is something of interest for everybody.

I'll always be proud of growing up here.

Not quite, we need more commitments here, I'd like to see all bone fide contributors giving their names, whatever, pledging themselves to this site and making it all worth while, things can get argumentative, but thats life, isn't it, nowt wrong with that if it's sincere and genuine, odd turn of phrase, but you now what I mean.

!cheers! Very good point & well made,............however although it's annoying that a couple of 'new' contributors may be making mischief, it's doubtful that this won't be quickly noticed & dealt with (I'm sure/hopefully) by the administrators,as they don't hide their intentions very well, or for very long................root 'em out & boot 'em out, "that's what I say!!" (to coin a well known phrase) !rulez!

I am too busy to argue with these people.

Therefore, its Two strikes and your out.

They appear post a few regular posts, then cause problems.

1 They are warned.

2 They are gone!

Someone else is thinking what I was thinking.

We are all friends here, there should be no secrecy about who you are, To the staff of this board only.

I therefore may ask for members

NAME

ISP

Real Email address.

Also expect posts that may escalate to disputes and personal attacks to be deleted without notice.

Expect a hard line here to protect genuine members.

If anyone has issues with this, there are other boards you can use.

Extra security software has also been installed.

Confused. I'm none the wiser to what has gone off. Have some members tried to high jack the website or something?

Brought up in the Meadows, Went to the TB schools and very happy memories of byegone Nottingam.

Truly an excellent site-thanks Mick,

Kind regards-Tony

Tony

Is it just my posts that are taking an age to upload?? Any body else ?? or is it something to do with the new security process??

Just glad to see the site back up again.

Really missed it over these few days. I don't know the issues and I don't want to know. Lets just hope we can move on and the site can be even better than it already is.

Thanks for a great job Mick.