I received sad news yesterday, Trevor Shaw past away on the 23rd of January. Trevor was born and raised in the Meadows of a large family. His Father was Bill Shaw, Bill and his Brother Tom were electricians at Clifton Colliery.

Trev had been living in BC Canada for a number of years and had heart troubles. RIP Trev!

I lived in the Meadows but did not know Trevor.

I may have met him At Peoples college when I was an electrical apprentice.

There may be visitors wo read here or google, that would have known him.

RIP

Trev would have gone to Arnold and Carlton, Digby Avenue near Gedling Colliery. That was the only Nottingham tech college that took NCB apprentices for mining courses Mick. I went there. He'd have been around 68 yrs old.

I met him when I was about 19yrs, he transferred to Clifton from Cotgrave as a fully experienced electrician. Then transferred to one of the larger pits in North Notts, ended up in Manchester, Bradford Colliery I think, eventually migrating to Canada as an electrician in coal mines there.

I knew his Dad Bill Shaw and his Uncle Tommy Shaw, worked with one of his younger Brothers, Brian who went to Cotgrave when Clifton closed. I think there were around nine Shaw kids, Trev being the oldest, lived off Briar Street somewhere.

Would there possibly be a relationship to Brian Shaw who lived on Bilborough Estate, a really good pal of ours at BGS, known as BIS, a long story. So many kids at BGS had fathers who were coal miners, it was simply a fact of life at the time, coal miner, rich bank managers son from Wollaton, it meant nowt to us, we always got on, it didn't make any difference where you came from, or how wealthy you were, I always thought that BGS shat on so called social values, the system clearly disagreed.

No idea, Brian would be around 60ish now, he started his electrical apprenticeship at Clifton and like myself transferred to Cotgrave in 1968. After Nov 68, lost contact with most of my old mates when I left Cotgrave. There used to be some photo's of some of the Shaws on the Bosworth Road School site at one of the get togethers they had.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to hear about Trev, I lived two doors away and I remember as kids swapping dinky toys for a trolley with him,he got the better of the deal

Do you remember his Dad Bill, and his Uncle Tommy?? He has another Brother in Canada, can't recall his name, I worked with Brian, he's a couple of years younger than me. I think there were nine Shaws in Trev's family.

• 2 months later...

Was in the same class as Trevor at Deering, I remember he and Mr Wallis the maths/science teacher didn't get along too well.

Me sister might have known him. She's 68 this year and went to Deering. She was then Beryl Cook.